From: clw on
I have received a group of photos with captions in PDF format. Is there
any way to extract this material as JPEG?

I have PSE 8, Adobe Bridge, Picassa and Graphic convertor 5.9.

TIA

Charles
From: Al Dykes on
In article <clw-DCF8C6.17260415032010(a)news.dsl-only.net>,
clw <clw(a)ohsu.gov> wrote:
>I have received a group of photos with captions in PDF format. Is there
>any way to extract this material as JPEG?
>
>I have PSE 8, Adobe Bridge, Picassa and Graphic convertor 5.9.

Photoshop will do it. I just did some yesterday.

You can download a 30 day trial copy for free.

Open the PDF, it should show you the imbedded imagges, pick one.

Let it open.

Do a File>SaveAs>jpg.

--
Al Dykes

From: ray on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:26:05 -0700, clw wrote:

> I have received a group of photos with captions in PDF format. Is there
> any way to extract this material as JPEG?
>
> I have PSE 8, Adobe Bridge, Picassa and Graphic convertor 5.9.
>
> TIA
>
> Charles

'pdfimages' would do that. It's free.

From: Tim Conway on

"Al Dykes" <adykes(a)panix.com> wrote in message
> In article <clw-DCF8C6.17260415032010(a)news.dsl-only.net>,
> clw <clw(a)ohsu.gov> wrote:
>>I have received a group of photos with captions in PDF format. Is there
>>any way to extract this material as JPEG?
>>
>>I have PSE 8, Adobe Bridge, Picassa and Graphic convertor 5.9.
>>

> Photoshop will do it. I just did some yesterday.
>
> You can download a 30 day trial copy for free.
>
> Open the PDF, it should show you the imbedded imagges, pick one.

In PS CS use File>Import PDF then the imbedded photo will show. If you were
to use File>Open, just the entire PDF document will open without the photo
being isolated.

From: NameHere on
On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:26:05 -0700, clw <clw(a)ohsu.gov> wrote:

>I have received a group of photos with captions in PDF format. Is there
>any way to extract this material as JPEG?
>
>I have PSE 8, Adobe Bridge, Picassa and Graphic convertor 5.9.
>
>TIA
>
>Charles

Open the PDF in Photoline. www.pl32.net As well as being a better raster
and vector graphics editor than PhotoSlop, it can also edit and compose PDF
documents. It's not just an excellent image editor, it has full
desktop-publishing capabilities. An interesting aspect is that inserted
graphics into PDF documents can each have their own individual JPG
compression levels, the chosen compression level in full preview while
editing. No need to save it first to see what the compression level is
doing to your images. With some images tolerating higher compression levels
than others this makes for a valuable feature.