From: Paul Furman on
Savageduck wrote:
> On 2010-05-17 17:05:50 -0700, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid>
> said:
>

>> I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:
>>
>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
>>
>> Thanks for your comments.
>
> Miguel,
> Of all the photographs you have submitted, this is actually quite nice.
> I hope you can see what makes it better than all of your other work.
>
> The composition is balanced and pleasing, and the setting does not have
> too much of an artificial feel to it. Good work.

keep cropping... it's a near capture
http://edgehill.net/1/temp/scripta2-crop.jpg
From: Paul Furman on
mmyvusenet wrote:
> "Tim Conway" escribi�

>>> For those who missed it, the original had the turtle way over in the left
>>> corner looking out of the frame with a bunch of concrete behind it.
>>
>> I think it's an improvement. He's probably limited as to his position to
>> take the photo.
>
> Tim is as you say, and a characteristc is the speed of movement that are out
> of water.

Go ahead & take lots of pictures when shooting something. Move around,
up, down, left, right, zoom... you never really know, something you
didn't notice could make it work, or not work - then sort through the
mess and look for one that's pleasing and/or interesting. Next time
you'll have that in your mind when actually shooting; you'll remember
what worked and what didn't. It takes practice.
From: Bruce on
On Mon, 17 May 2010 19:05:50 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
<mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
>Thanks for your comments.

The background is actually *worse*!

With a busy background such as this, it is better to open up your lens
aperture as wide as it will go. This will help to blur (defocus) a
distracting background.

From: mmyvusenet on
"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:hst2ad$mqs$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> mmyvusenet wrote:
>> "Tim Conway" escribi�
>>> "Paul Furman" wrote

>>> I think it's an improvement. He's probably limited as to his position
>>> to take the photo.
>>
>> Tim is as you say, and a characteristc is the speed of movement that are
>> out of water.
>
> Go ahead & take lots of pictures when shooting something. Move around, up,
> down, left, right, zoom... you never really know, something you didn't
> notice could make it work, or not work - then sort through the mess and
> look for one that's pleasing and/or interesting. Next time you'll have
> that in your mind when actually shooting; you'll remember what worked and
> what didn't. It takes practice.

Thanks for your suggestion, taking advantage of Flickr can also add short
videos I also will try to do some about it, while I uploaded these three
videos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4619575637/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4620311528/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4619763315/

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

--
MMYV
http://www.mmyv.com

From: mmyvusenet on
"Paul Furman" <paul-@-edgehill.net> escribi� en el mensaje de
noticias:hst1rr$ln2$1(a)news.eternal-september.org...
> Savageduck wrote:
>> On 2010-05-17 17:05:50 -0700, "mmyvusenet" <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid>
>> said:
>>

>>> I did a last change of photo where the background is much better:
>>>
>>> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4613183776/
>>>
>>> Thanks for your comments.
>>
>> Miguel,
>> Of all the photographs you have submitted, this is actually quite nice. I
>> hope you can see what makes it better than all of your other work.
>>
>> The composition is balanced and pleasing, and the setting does not have
>> too much of an artificial feel to it. Good work.
>
> keep cropping... it's a near capture
> http://edgehill.net/1/temp/scripta2-crop.jpg

Very interesting.

--