From: Caesar Romano on
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:04:58 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
<DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote Re Re: Ping: Dustin Cook -- MBAM:

>From: "Caesar Romano" <Spam(a)uce.gov>
>
>| On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:56:14 -0600, Caesar Romano <Spam(a)uce.gov> wrote
>| Re Re: Ping: Dustin Cook -- MBAM:

>>>What would you recommend as a good anti virus program (not a suite)
>>>that would work well with MBAM?
>
>| BTW, I am using the paid-version of MBAM
>| --
>| Work is the curse of the drinking class.
>
>Avira AntiVir and MBAM.

Thanks for the recommendation. However, I tried Avira once before and
had problems with it. I don't recall right now, but I'm a bit shy of
it as a result.

Would you have another suggestion?
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Caesar Romano" <Spam(a)uce.gov>

| Thanks for the recommendation. However, I tried Avira once before and
| had problems with it. I don't recall right now, but I'm a bit shy of
| it as a result.

| Would you have another suggestion?
| --
| Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Microsoft Security Essentials.

--
Dave

From: Dustin Cook on
Caesar Romano <Spam(a)uce.gov> wrote in

> On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 22:27:29 GMT, Dustin Cook
> <bughunter.dustin(a)gmail.com> wrote Re Re: Ping: Dustin Cook -- MBAM:
>
>>> I also use SuperAntiSpyware, just in case yours misses something.
>>> Is there anything else you would recommend for thorough protection?
>>
>>A good antivirus program, not a suite mind you as I don't see any
>>reason to bog your system down without just cause.
>
> What would you recommend as a good anti virus program (not a suite)
> that would work well with MBAM?

Avast, Avira all work fine.. others may have more recommendations. I just
listed those in random order off the top of my head.

--
"Is there anything in Guul Draz that doesn't suck the life out of you?"
- Tarsa, Sea Gate sell-sword.

From: "nobody >" on
Caesar Romano wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:04:58 -0500, "David H. Lipman"
> <DLipman~nospam~@Verizon.Net> wrote Re Re: Ping: Dustin Cook -- MBAM:
>
>> From: "Caesar Romano" <Spam(a)uce.gov>
>>
>> | On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:56:14 -0600, Caesar Romano <Spam(a)uce.gov> wrote
>> | Re Re: Ping: Dustin Cook -- MBAM:

>> | BTW, I am using the paid-version of MBAM
>> | --
>> | Work is the curse of the drinking class.
>>
>> Avira AntiVir and MBAM.
>
> Thanks for the recommendation. However, I tried Avira once before and
> had problems with it. I don't recall right now, but I'm a bit shy of
> it as a result.
>
> Would you have another suggestion?

Avast! Home Edition (free).

Just be aware that there is the occasional problem with any combo of two
scans running simultaneously, and that's with ANY brand of either AV or
"antimalware". I think the problem is that there's enough "crossover"
between the two that they both are trying to act on the same file.

I have had Avast! (in resident mode) "jumping in" and squawking when
MBAM would access a temporary internet file with questionable qualities.
Avast! in resident mode looks at files "as they are opened", and MBAM
has to "open a file" (but not run it)to look at it.

I've seen similar problems with NAV /Lavasoft AdAware, AVG/SAS, and
other combos in the past.

For Dustin:
I was planning on getting the paid (resident) version of MBAM, but one
of my "customers"(I wish.. just someone who asks me for advice:}) gave
me two paid licenses for SAS for Christmas. (maybe I *am* getting paid
after all!).One went on my wife's machine, the other on a box I just
built for my brother. (Both are "at risk" due to lack of 'pooter savvy)

I'm still using the free (on demand) MBAM as well tho. I'm the "Belt and
Suspenders" type... I'll probably put MBAM on my new box "in progress".

Reality is both MBAM and SAS are great tools that complement each other..
From: The Central Scrutinizer on
> From: "Caesar Romano" <Spam(a)uce.gov>
>

> | Thanks for the recommendation. However, I tried Avira once before and
> | had problems with it. I don't recall right now, but I'm a bit shy of
> | it as a result.
>
> | Would you have another suggestion?
> | --
> | Work is the curse of the drinking class.
>
> Microsoft Security Essentials.

So what is wrong with Microsoft Security Essentials? Why should I *NOT*
use it?

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: ryr.exe--info please