From: David H. Lipman on
From: "The Central Scrutinizer" <gcisko(a)hotmail.com>

>> From: "Caesar Romano" <Spam(a)uce.gov>

>> | Thanks for the recommendation. However, I tried Avira once before and
>> | had problems with it. I don't recall right now, but I'm a bit shy of
>> | it as a result.

>> | Would you have another suggestion?
>> | --
>> | Work is the curse of the drinking class.

>> Microsoft Security Essentials.

| So what is wrong with Microsoft Security Essentials? Why should I *NOT*
| use it?

Dave

From: The Central Scrutinizer on
> From: "The Central Scrutinizer" <gcisko(a)hotmail.com>
> | So what is wrong with Microsoft Security Essentials? Why should I *NOT*
> | use it?

no

From: James Morrow on
In article <6cqdne605OCmx8TWnZ2dnUVZ_h6dnZ2d(a)supernews.com>,
usenetharvested(a)aol.com says...

<snip>

> I have had Avast! (in resident mode) "jumping in" and squawking when
> MBAM would access a temporary internet file with questionable qualities.
> Avast! in resident mode looks at files "as they are opened", and MBAM
> has to "open a file" (but not run it)to look at it.

<snip>

I had this problem yesterday. In future I will disable Avast! before
running MBAM with Internet connection closed.

Both are great programs but they don't play well together.

--
James E. Morrow
Email to: jamesemorrow(a)email.com