From: Cliff on
On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:09:31 -0400, "Existential Angst"
<UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:

> cinnamon is priced like sugar?

In what quantities?
http://www.livingnaturally.com/PDFDocs/c/C36DU9D7L6AG9MAUMP0SHDNAF3SNBAP9.PDF
They take credit cards & do phone orders & ship
Pretty good prices in some bulk AFAIK.
--
Cliff.
From: Cliff on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 01:54:02 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
<mike.terrell(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>* * *
>Thiazolidinediones
>
>Rosiglitazone (Avandia) and pioglitazone (ACTOS) are in a group of drugs
>called thiazolidinediones. These drugs help insulin work better in the
>muscle and fat and also reduce glucose production in the liver. The
>first drug in this group, troglitazone (Rezulin), was removed from the
>market because it caused serious liver problems in a small number of
>people. So far rosiglitazone and pioglitazone have not shown the same
>problems, but users are still monitored closely for liver problems as a
>precaution. Both drugs appear to increase the risk for heart failure in
>some individuals, and there is debate about whether rosiglitazone may
>contribute to an increased risk for heart attacks. Both drugs are
>effective at reducing A1C and generally have few side effects.
>* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
>* * *

IIRC Avandia use has dropped. Was in the news over a year ago ...
--
Cliff
From: Cliff on
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 01:54:02 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
<mike.terrell(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> A lot of online places are vague about the contents
>of their cinnamon products, so I don't want to buy something I can see
>first.

You could buy your own & grind it.
http://www.thespicehouse.com/spices-by-letter/a-to-c
--
Cliff
From: Existential Angst on
"Cliff" <Clhuprichguesswhat(a)aoltmovetheperiodc.om> wrote in message
> On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:09:31 -0400, "Existential Angst"
> <UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>(rice is a super-food,
>>unbeknownst to most);
>
> Most varieties are lacking in specific required amino acids IIRC.

Au contrare.
Rice has a protein quality on par with chicken and milk, just not as dense.
Most grains have a high PQ.

You can just about get all your protein from a heavy rice-based diet, altho
an egg or two wouldn't hurt.

Potatoes have a miserable PQ, a score of about 11 compared to rice's high
80's.
--
EA

From: Michael A. Terrell on

Existential Angst wrote:

> "Cliff" <Clhuprichguesswhat(a)aoltmovetheperiodc.om> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 11:09:31 -0400, "Existential Angst"
> > <UNfitcat(a)UNoptonline.net> wrote:
> >
> >>(rice is a super-food,
> >>unbeknownst to most);
> >
> > Most varieties are lacking in specific required amino acids IIRC.
>
> Au contrare.
> Rice has a protein quality on par with chicken and milk, just not as dense.
> Most grains have a high PQ.
>
> You can just about get all your protein from a heavy rice-based diet, altho
> an egg or two wouldn't hurt.
>
> Potatoes have a miserable PQ, a score of about 11 compared to rice's high
> 80's.

Rice is OK, if you can digest it. I can only eat small amounts, or it
just sits in my stomach like gravel.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.