From: Mikoyan on
I want to download Server 2008 180 day trial version for study purposes. I
have virtual pc 2007 so I need 32 bit version. My problem is the trial
version I get from Microsoftv website doesn't have a product key, so it
expires too quickly. I know I can 'rearm' to extend it's life, but this is
proving frustrating.

Please, where on Microsoft website can I download a 180 day trial version of
server 2008 that will last 180 days?

Thanks for any help, Anastas

From: VanguardLH on
Mikoyan wrote:

> I want to download Server 2008 180 day trial version for study purposes. I
> have virtual pc 2007 so I need 32 bit version. My problem is the trial
> version I get from Microsoftv website doesn't have a product key, so it
> expires too quickly. I know I can 'rearm' to extend it's life, but this is
> proving frustrating.
>
> Please, where on Microsoft website can I download a 180 day trial version of
> server 2008 that will last 180 days?

Oh, you trying to convince us that you have never heard of Google. Uh huh.

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22windows+server+2008%22+%2Btrial

Was the first hit in the results list for me (might be the 2nd for you if
the results show sponsored links).
From: Mikoyan on
Thanks for the reply.

> http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22windows+server+2008%22+%2Btrial

is the exact place I downloaded the trial version I mention in the original
post. It needs 're-arming' after just 10 days - the following is a direct
quote from the link you sent me:

"How to manually rearm the 10 day activation grace period
When the initial 10-day activation period nears its end, you can run the
Slmgr.vbs script to reset it back to 10 days. To do this, follow these
steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Command Prompt.

2. Type slmgr.vbs -dli, and then press ENTER to check the current status of
your activation period.

3. To reset the activation period, type slmgr.vbs -rearm, and then press
ENTER.

4. Restart the computer.

This resets the activation period to 10 days, and can be used up to five
times. After this you will need to either activate or reinstall the
evaluation."

As my maths tells me 5 x 10 days = 50 days, so hardly a 180 day trial
version is it?

So my original question stands - is there a 180 trial version of Server
2008?