From: Roger 2008 on

"Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" <no(a)emails.please> wrote in message
> "Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net> wrote in
>
> > I'm know I'm posting to the wrong group but maybe someone can point me
> > where to go.
>
> You'll need vxWeb - see http://www.cam.com/vxweb.html

Thanks and that program is slick. It works with the IP address my phone has
on my WiFi network but I can not get it to work with the IP address on
Sprint's network.

To make a long story short

1. Sprint blocks ports so if I were to use it, I'd have to use it on a WiFi
Network so that limits it's use.

2. Because I could only get it to work with Main memory I wouldn't be able
be able to store very much on it so that limits how much data I could store
on it.

I think I'll call Cambridge Corp in the morning and see if there is a way to
get it to work with files on the Storage Card because making changes to the
/My Documents/vxWeb.txt file didn't help and if I were to ever use it, I'd
have to put all the files on a Storage Card.

Thanks again for the link because I learned Sprint blocks ports from it and
that explains why I can't get the DMZ port to work on WMWiFiRouter also.

From: Roger 2008 on

<PR1(a)YAHOO.COM> wrote in message
> On Mon, 17 May 2010 11:56:12 -0600, "Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net>
> wrote:
> >I'd like to try to turn a pocket PC into a mini web server.
>
> You probably could run this on a pocket pc

Yes and no. I can run a mini web server on a pocket pc but I can't use the
cellular network because ports are blocked by Sprint and probably other
wireless carriers also.

> but is it
> really worth the giant hassle you're bound to encounter?

What giant hassle? I found out everything I wanted to know in just a few
hours of testing.

If you noticed a post from me about 2 days ago I was messing with the latest
version of WMWiFiRouter. I wanted to setup a Web Server on my phone to
verify that ports are blocked and that is the reason I couldn't get the DMZ
to work on WMWiFiRouter the way it works on a normal router.

Many thanks to Werner for pointing me to vxWeb.

From: Roger 2008 on

"Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net> wrote in message

> To make a long story short
>
> 1. Sprint blocks ports so if I were to use it, I'd have to use it on a
WiFi
> Network so that limits it's use.
>
> 2. Because I could only get it to work with Main memory I wouldn't be
able
> be able to store very much on it so that limits how much data I could
store
> on it.

Today I decided I'd actually put a site up on vxWeb and found a 3rd problem.

3. Unlike WMWiFiRouter vxWeb can not go into power saving mode because it
will loose it's WiFi connection.

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
"Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net> wrote in

> "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" <no(a)emails.please> wrote in message
>> "Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net> wrote in
>>
>> > I'm know I'm posting to the wrong group but maybe someone can point
>> > me where to go.
>>
>> You'll need vxWeb - see http://www.cam.com/vxweb.html
>
> Thanks and that program is slick. It works with the IP address my
> phone has on my WiFi network but I can not get it to work with the IP
> address on Sprint's network.
>
> To make a long story short
>
> 1. Sprint blocks ports so if I were to use it, I'd have to use it on
> a WiFi Network so that limits it's use.
>
> 2. Because I could only get it to work with Main memory I wouldn't be
> able be able to store very much on it so that limits how much data I
> could store on it.
>
> I think I'll call Cambridge Corp in the morning and see if there is a
> way to get it to work with files on the Storage Card because making
> changes to the /My Documents/vxWeb.txt file didn't help and if I were
> to ever use it, I'd have to put all the files on a Storage Card.
>
> Thanks again for the link because I learned Sprint blocks ports from
> it and that explains why I can't get the DMZ port to work on
> WMWiFiRouter also.

\

yup, most mobile service providers give out internal addresses by default,
meaning no inbound traffic.

If it's important that you access your stuff via a mobile connection,
there're some workarounds:

- if no HTTP is needed, LogMeIn has some packages for remote access.
- there may be other clients too
- Sprint may offer "server" or "business" data plans with fix and fully
opened IP's
From: Beverly Howard on
Might it be possible to use a different port?

Beverly Howard