From: Roger 2008 on
I'm know I'm posting to the wrong group but maybe someone can point me where
to go.

I'd like to try to turn a pocket PC into a mini web server. I've got a way
to compile programs for Windows CE and I've setup Windows XP Professional to
work as a small web server so I have some idea on what to do.

From all the searching I've done all I can find is software for an Android
phone that does something like I'm looking for but nothing for a WM6 pocket
PC. Any ideas?

TIA

From: Beverly Howard on
My memory may be faulty on this, but I seem to remember that someone had
done this in WinCE before the PocketPC was even introduced. Suggest
running another search but using Windows CE and it's varients with your
quest.

Beverly Howard
From: PR1 on
On Mon, 17 May 2010 11:56:12 -0600, "Roger 2008" <rwpcs(a)att.net>
wrote:
>I'd like to try to turn a pocket PC into a mini web server.

To save your sanity as well as avoiding pulling out all your
hair get a basic desktop to use for this.

You probably could run this on a pocket pc but is it
really worth the giant hassle you're bound to encounter?

It would be akin to using a trycycle to tow a boat.

From: Roger 2008 on

"Beverly Howard" <Bev(a)NoSpamBevHoward.com> wrote in message
> My memory may be faulty on this, but I seem to remember that someone had
> done this in WinCE before the PocketPC was even introduced. Suggest
> running another search but using Windows CE and it's varients with your
> quest.
>
> Beverly Howard

Thank you for your input and I found what you might be talking about right
off the bat:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms834461(v=MSDN.10).aspx

but I haven't found a link to download it yet.

BTW I wonder if that software is part of Microsoft Visual C++ Version 5 or
Version 6 because now I seem to remember seeing something like that a long
time ago when I was part of the MSDN.

Thanks again.

From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on

You'll need vxWeb - see http://www.cam.com/vxweb.html