From: isw on
Yahoo news embeds a large number of hot links in the body of news
articles. When you accidentally roll over one, an annoying "search" pane
opens up right on top of what you're trying to read, offering to tell
you more about whatever. And worse, sometimes the pane gets stuck and
won't go away.

I don't think they're strictly ads, so I'm not sure if an "ad blocker"
would kill them.

How can I tell FF to never display those popups?

Isaac
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <isw-BE3198.09551307062010@[216.168.3.50]>,
isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:

> Yahoo news embeds a large number of hot links in the body of news
> articles. When you accidentally roll over one, an annoying "search" pane
> opens up right on top of what you're trying to read, offering to tell
> you more about whatever. And worse, sometimes the pane gets stuck and
> won't go away.
>
> I don't think they're strictly ads, so I'm not sure if an "ad blocker"
> would kill them.
>
> How can I tell FF to never display those popups?
>
> Isaac

Use Adblock Plus:

<http://adblockplus.org>

JR
From: isw on
In article <jollyroger-73EC7C.17214007062010(a)news.individual.net>,
Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:

> In article <isw-BE3198.09551307062010@[216.168.3.50]>,
> isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:
>
> > Yahoo news embeds a large number of hot links in the body of news
> > articles. When you accidentally roll over one, an annoying "search" pane
> > opens up right on top of what you're trying to read, offering to tell
> > you more about whatever. And worse, sometimes the pane gets stuck and
> > won't go away.
> >
> > I don't think they're strictly ads, so I'm not sure if an "ad blocker"
> > would kill them.
> >
> > How can I tell FF to never display those popups?
> >
> > Isaac
>
> Use Adblock Plus:
>
> <http://adblockplus.org>

Seems to have worked.

thx

Isaac
From: Jolly Roger on
In article <isw-4785D5.21071907062010@[216.168.3.50]>,
isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:

> In article <jollyroger-73EC7C.17214007062010(a)news.individual.net>,
> Jolly Roger <jollyroger(a)pobox.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <isw-BE3198.09551307062010@[216.168.3.50]>,
> > isw <isw(a)witzend.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Yahoo news embeds a large number of hot links in the body of news
> > > articles. When you accidentally roll over one, an annoying "search" pane
> > > opens up right on top of what you're trying to read, offering to tell
> > > you more about whatever. And worse, sometimes the pane gets stuck and
> > > won't go away.
> > >
> > > I don't think they're strictly ads, so I'm not sure if an "ad blocker"
> > > would kill them.
> > >
> > > How can I tell FF to never display those popups?
> > >
> > > Isaac
> >
> > Use Adblock Plus:
> >
> > <http://adblockplus.org>
>
> Seems to have worked.
>
> thx
>
> Isaac

You're welcome. It's the best.

For Safari, I highly recommend Safari AdBlocker, which is based on
AdBlock Plus:

<http://www.sweetpproductions.com/safariadblocker/>

JR