From: Trev on
In news:oosmd4l1pa9nmrddclt65qpv4juehg6c7u(a)4ax.com,
<tecknode(a)NOSPAM.com> tecknode(a)NOSPAM.com bashed on keyboard and typed:
> On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:09:33 -0600, JoeB <mymail(a)myserver.com> wrote:
>
>> HiC <brassplyer(a)yahoo.com> wrote in news:9de6840a-d944-40a7-b165-
>> b4d9f467cbd0(a)i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> If I have a large number of images I want to save, is there a way to
>>> tell the app "save as .bmp (or whatever) every time until I say
>>> otherwise" instead of the tedious process of going through the "save
>>> as type" dropdown list every time?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Yes. Simply open an image, go to File>Save As, and choose bmp or
>> pspimage or tif and save the image. The Save As dialogue will keep
>> that format for all subsequent saves using Save As until you select
>> another format from the dropdown. If that doesn't work for you then
>> there is an issue with your particular installation.
>>
>> The same procedure also works with the Save Copy As option, so you
>> can use Save As for one specific format, and Save Copy As for
>> another format. For saving as jpg I suggest using the jpg optimizer
>> so that you can optimize the settings for particular images.
>>
>> In my case, I have buttons for the Save As, Save Copy As, Jpg
>> Optimizer, Gif Optimizer and PNG Optimizer on my toolbar so that
>> they can be accessed by one click without going through the menu.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> JoeB
>
> JoeB, what you state is correct, BUT that MAY NOT be what is being
> asked.
>
> What I would like is a Preference to set a file type as default for
> all saves. I really get tired of having to manually change my save
> type to JPG.
>
> I would like to see a [Set as default] button under the "Save as type"
> drop-box. This would be in addition to the option being in
> "Preferences."

Tim's answer covers that. If you re use as last type then it will be jpeg
if you used jpeg last but if you change it to psp the will be the last type
until you change back. Screen caps should not be a problem but Copy paste
from a web site will default to the temp folder so Do a Save as with them.

Personally I go with Joe on dragging the optimiser icons from the customize
folder on to the toolbar That way you have a minimum of 4 defaults
I was going to add a Image of my toolbar but then realised we are not IN the
corel servers groups at

--
Trev
Nobody is perfect.

From: JoeB on
tecknode(a)NOSPAM.com wrote in news:oosmd4l1pa9nmrddclt65qpv4juehg6c7u@
4ax.com:

> What I would like is a Preference to set a file type as default for
> all saves. I really get tired of having to manually change my save
> type to JPG.
>
> I would like to see a [Set as default] button under the "Save as type"
> drop-box. This would be in addition to the option being in
> "Preferences."

I don't see the problem. Once the Save as Last File Type is set in
Preferences, and you then save one file using Save As and select jpg, then
jpg becomes the default for the Save As option, so that method works just
as well as a Save As Default option would, just takes an extra step of
first saving one file. Why do you have to keep changing the file type to
Jpg manually? I have my Save As set to save as pspimage, and I never have
to change it manually - it always saves as that format.

Regards,

JoeB
From: Tim on
tecknode(a)NOSPAM.com wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:10:06 GMT, "Tim"
> <timmorr64(a)XremoveXhotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> HiC wrote:
>>> If I have a large number of images I want to save, is there a way to
>>> tell the app "save as .bmp (or whatever) every time until I say
>>> otherwise" instead of the tedious process of going through the "save
>>> as type" dropdown list every time?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>
>> Go to File > Preferences > General Program Preferences > Display and
>> Caching and check the option to "Re-use last type in file save-as
>> dialog".
>
> Now, would that file-type be used in a NEW save, like from a
> screenshot (aka Screen Capture)?

Yes. With that option chosen the last used file type is the default in the
"Save As" dialogue.
In Windows, there isn't a "Save" dialog. When you click Save, one of two
things happens. If you're working with an existing file, the new version is
saved over the old, and no dialog box is displayed. If it is a new file, the
"Save As" dialogue is displayed.

--
Tim

From: HiC on
On Sep 24, 12:09 pm, JoeB <mym...(a)myserver.com> wrote:
> HiC <brasspl...(a)yahoo.com> wrote in news:9de6840a-d944-40a7-b165-
> b4d9f467c...(a)i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > If I have a large number of images I want to save, is there a way to
> > tell the app "save as .bmp (or whatever) every time until I say
> > otherwise" instead of the tedious process of going through the "save
> > as type" dropdown list every time?
>
> > Thanks
>
> Yes.  Simply open an image, go to File>Save As, and choose bmp or pspimage
> or tif and save the image.  The Save As dialogue will keep that format for
> all subsequent saves using Save As until you select another format from the
> dropdown.  If that doesn't work for you then there is an issue with your
> particular installation.

Nope, doesn't do it. I have PSP7 if that's pertinent. Forgot to
include it in my original query.
From: HiC on
On Sep 25, 4:10 am, "Tim" <timmor...(a)XremoveXhotmail.com> wrote:

> Go to File > Preferences > General Program Preferences > Display and Caching
> and check the option to "Re-use last type in file save-as dialog".

No such option. Using PSP 7.
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: SquirlzReflect, Trev, JoeB