From: HiC on
If I have a large number of images I want to save, is there a way to
tell the app "save as .bmp (or whatever) every time until I say
otherwise" instead of the tedious process of going through the "save
as type" dropdown list every time?

Thanks
From: JoeB on
HiC <brassplyer(a)yahoo.com> wrote in news:9de6840a-d944-40a7-b165-
b4d9f467cbd0(a)i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

> If I have a large number of images I want to save, is there a way to
> tell the app "save as .bmp (or whatever) every time until I say
> otherwise" instead of the tedious process of going through the "save
> as type" dropdown list every time?
>
> Thanks

Yes. Simply open an image, go to File>Save As, and choose bmp or pspimage
or tif and save the image. The Save As dialogue will keep that format for
all subsequent saves using Save As until you select another format from the
dropdown. If that doesn't work for you then there is an issue with your
particular installation.

The same procedure also works with the Save Copy As option, so you can use
Save As for one specific format, and Save Copy As for another format. For
saving as jpg I suggest using the jpg optimizer so that you can optimize
the settings for particular images.

In my case, I have buttons for the Save As, Save Copy As, Jpg Optimizer,
Gif Optimizer and PNG Optimizer on my toolbar so that they can be accessed
by one click without going through the menu.

Regards,

JoeB
From: Tim on
HiC wrote:
> If I have a large number of images I want to save, is there a way to
> tell the app "save as .bmp (or whatever) every time until I say
> otherwise" instead of the tedious process of going through the "save
> as type" dropdown list every time?
>
> Thanks

Go to File > Preferences > General Program Preferences > Display and Caching
and check the option to "Re-use last type in file save-as dialog".

--
Tim

From: tecknode on
On Wed, 24 Sep 2008 10:09:33 -0600, JoeB <mymail(a)myserver.com> wrote:

> HiC <brassplyer(a)yahoo.com> wrote in news:9de6840a-d944-40a7-b165-
> b4d9f467cbd0(a)i76g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:
>
> > If I have a large number of images I want to save, is there a way to
> > tell the app "save as .bmp (or whatever) every time until I say
> > otherwise" instead of the tedious process of going through the "save
> > as type" dropdown list every time?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Yes. Simply open an image, go to File>Save As, and choose bmp or pspimage
> or tif and save the image. The Save As dialogue will keep that format for
> all subsequent saves using Save As until you select another format from the
> dropdown. If that doesn't work for you then there is an issue with your
> particular installation.
>
> The same procedure also works with the Save Copy As option, so you can use
> Save As for one specific format, and Save Copy As for another format. For
> saving as jpg I suggest using the jpg optimizer so that you can optimize
> the settings for particular images.
>
> In my case, I have buttons for the Save As, Save Copy As, Jpg Optimizer,
> Gif Optimizer and PNG Optimizer on my toolbar so that they can be accessed
> by one click without going through the menu.
>
> Regards,
>
> JoeB

JoeB, what you state is correct, BUT that MAY NOT be what is being
asked.

What I would like is a Preference to set a file type as default for
all saves. I really get tired of having to manually change my save
type to JPG.

I would like to see a [Set as default] button under the "Save as type"
drop-box. This would be in addition to the option being in
"Preferences."

--
==== Tecknomage ====
Do the best you can..... then let it go.
From: tecknode on
On Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:10:06 GMT, "Tim"
<timmorr64(a)XremoveXhotmail.com> wrote:

> HiC wrote:
> > If I have a large number of images I want to save, is there a way to
> > tell the app "save as .bmp (or whatever) every time until I say
> > otherwise" instead of the tedious process of going through the "save
> > as type" dropdown list every time?
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Go to File > Preferences > General Program Preferences > Display and Caching
> and check the option to "Re-use last type in file save-as dialog".

Now, would that file-type be used in a NEW save, like from a
screenshot (aka Screen Capture)?

--
==== Tecknomage ====
Do the best you can..... then let it go.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: SquirlzReflect, Trev, JoeB
Next: PSP X2 error