From: אריק on
Hello,
I have built a Presentation using PowerPoint 2003. After finishing the
presentation, I click on Package CD from the file menu to publish the
presentation.
The presentation contains sub presentations (it was built in modular way).
To navigate between the divers presentations, I am using the hyperlinks.

I saw that the presentation intermittently become Non-Responsive (i.e.
Getting “Stuck” with “Black Screen”) when double left clicking on a link or
when using the “Escape” keyboard button repeatedly to close & exit the open
Presentations. I think that there is a problem in the powerpoint viewer 2003
(it also appears in the ppviewer 2007). When I am running the presentation
from the powerpoint 2003 (not viewer), the problem doesn't appear.

Thanks for help
From: David Marcovitz on
Arik,

How are you linking the presentations. Are you going from one
presentation to another and another, or are you linking to one
presentation and then using End Show to return to the main presentation?
If you keep hyperlinking without using End Show to return to the main
presentation, PowerPoint is likely to get confused eventually as each
presentation remains open and eating resources. I suspect you are
noticing this in the Viewer because the Viewer is less able to handle
the need for extra resources, but I'm not sure about that. You might
want to check out the PowerPoint Linking Tutorial found here:

http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com/powerpointlinking.htm

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
http://www.PowerfulPowerPoint.com/
From: אריק on
Hello David,
Thank you for your reply.
The presentation contains ~100 sub presentations and all one of them have a
link to the home page. So as you said, I have links to already open
presentation and that's might be the problem.
What is the solution to prevent the "stuck on black screen" without removing
the return to home page link. If I am removing the link to the home page, it
means that if I am currently in a tenth level of a sub category from the Home
page, I will have to click esc 10 times to return the home page and contine
my presentation, this is not friendly way.

From: David Marcovitz on
Yes, that is a tough problem, but it is likely the cause of your problem
if you are indeed linking to 10 sub presentations and then directly back
to the home page. One solution is not to do that ("Doctor, doctor, it
hurts when I do that." "Then don't do that."), but that doesn't seem to
fit your needs. I'm thinking that the only alternative is going to
involve VBA. Is that an option for you? You mentioned you are publishing
to CD. Does that mean that you are distributing this to computers over
which you have limited control? If so, VBA might not be such a good
idea. However, if you are just publishing it to CD to take it with you,
and you can adjust the settings to allow macros to run on the computers
you run the PPT on, VBA might work well in this case.
--David

From: אריק on
The objective is to put the presentation on DVD (~3GB including ppt, linked
files such as pdf, jpg, mpg) and distribute it to hundreds peoples.
Two problems with VBA:
1) Security levels (depends on client computer)
2) ppviewer can not run macros, exe files and also VBA.
What can I do?
Thank you for your help.

Pages: 1 2
Prev: Custom Animation Trigger Reset