From: Doofus on
When I set up my laptop (quite a while ago) I established a power-on
password. I am preparing to pass this laptop on to someone else and would
like to remove the necessity for the password. Since a lot of time has passed
from establishment until today, I can't remember how I accomplished this
fete. Can anyone assist me in refreshing my knowlledge base? Thanks!
--
Doofus
From: Leonard Grey on
Power-on passwords are typically setup in the BIOS.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"Doofus" <Doofus(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I set up my laptop (quite a while ago) I established a power-on
> password. I am preparing to pass this laptop on to someone else and
> would
> like to remove the necessity for the password. Since a lot of time has
> passed
> from establishment until today, I can't remember how I accomplished
> this
> fete. Can anyone assist me in refreshing my knowlledge base? Thanks!

Access the CMOS Setup program in the BIOS.

From: Oceana on
Hey Doofus, great name btw...

Pressing F12 or F2 or del when your Laptop starts up.

Just after the manufactures Logo screen & before any Windows screen.

This will let you enter into your BIOS.

Regards,

williamdinbc

"Doofus" wrote:

> When I set up my laptop (quite a while ago) I established a power-on
> password. I am preparing to pass this laptop on to someone else and would
> like to remove the necessity for the password. Since a lot of time has passed
> from establishment until today, I can't remember how I accomplished this
> fete. Can anyone assist me in refreshing my knowlledge base? Thanks!
> --
> Doofus

Pages: 1
Prev: Antivirus Soft