From: Bob Pownall on
I recently ordered a Precision Mobile 4500 and was wondering about the
hard drive.

I'm guessing it's SATA but does anyone here know for sure? The order
process didn't specify.

If worst comes to worse, when it gets here I can just open the case and
look.

Bob Pownall
From: Christopher Muto on
Bob Pownall wrote:
> I recently ordered a Precision Mobile 4500 and was wondering about the
> hard drive.
>
> I'm guessing it's SATA but does anyone here know for sure? The order
> process didn't specify.
>
> If worst comes to worse, when it gets here I can just open the case and
> look.
>
> Bob Pownall

if you are referring to a precision m4500 laptop then the answer is yes,
it has a sata hard drive (sata2 to be precise). the user manual and
service manuals can be found here:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/wsM4500/en/index.htm

From: Bob Pownall on
Christopher Muto wrote:
> if you are referring to a precision m4500 laptop then the answer is yes,
> it has a sata hard drive (sata2 to be precise). the user manual and
> service manuals can be found here:
> http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/wsM4500/en/index.htm

Thanks for the answer, Christopher! And additional thanks for the
pointer to the service & support info. (Although I had a bit of a
"Duh!" moment when I saw your link. "Why didn't _I_ think of that?")

Bob Pownall

Pages: 1
Prev: power supplies
Next: worth fixing a Precision M90?