From: mc on
I have few optiplex gx260 and 280 models (desktop) that have the 180
and 210 watt supplies. Is there anyone out there that designed a
stronger power supply for these systems? I called dell and asked them
if they had a pc express video card (low profile) for the gx280 and
they could not find one that would work with the 210 watt
supply.....go figure
mc
From: Ben Myers on
On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:
> I have few optiplex gx260 and 280 models (desktop) that have the 180
> and 210 watt supplies. Is there anyone out there that designed a
> stronger power supply for these systems? I called dell and asked them
> if they had a pc express video card (low profile) for the gx280 and
> they could not find one that would work with the 210 watt
> supply.....go figure
> mc

I have never seen higher rated power supplies for the desktop and small
form factor Optiplex GX240, GX260, GX270, and GX280.

What Dell did not tell you is that they have exactly zero inventory of
low profile PCI Express cards. That's why they could not find one. Any
low profile PCI Express card will work in the small Optiplex GX280
system. This is not saying very much, because the choice is extremely
limited, as very few card manufacturers bothered with low profile PCI
Express. Numerically, there is/was not much of a market for these cards.

I have some fanless ATI Radeon X600 SE 128MB DDR1 PCI-e Video Card for
the Dell OptiPlex GX280 (Dell part number F9595). These are
factory-sealed in original Dell anti-static bags. How many do you need?

.... Ben Myers
From: Ben Myers on
On 6/10/2010 9:56 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
> On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:
>> I have few optiplex gx260 and 280 models (desktop) that have the 180
>> and 210 watt supplies. Is there anyone out there that designed a
>> stronger power supply for these systems? I called dell and asked them
>> if they had a pc express video card (low profile) for the gx280 and
>> they could not find one that would work with the 210 watt
>> supply.....go figure
>> mc
>
> I have never seen higher rated power supplies for the desktop and small
> form factor Optiplex GX240, GX260, GX270, and GX280.
>
> What Dell did not tell you is that they have exactly zero inventory of
> low profile PCI Express cards. That's why they could not find one. Any
> low profile PCI Express card will work in the small Optiplex GX280
> system. This is not saying very much, because the choice is extremely
> limited, as very few card manufacturers bothered with low profile PCI
> Express. Numerically, there is/was not much of a market for these cards.
>
> I have some fanless ATI Radeon X600 SE 128MB DDR1 PCI-e Video Card for
> the Dell OptiPlex GX280 (Dell part number F9595). These are
> factory-sealed in original Dell anti-static bags. How many do you need?
>
> ... Ben Myers

P.S.: The F9595 has a DVI connector only... Ben
From: Christopher Muto on
Ben Myers wrote:
> On 6/10/2010 9:56 PM, Ben Myers wrote:
>> On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:
>>> I have few optiplex gx260 and 280 models (desktop) that have the 180
>>> and 210 watt supplies. Is there anyone out there that designed a
>>> stronger power supply for these systems? I called dell and asked them
>>> if they had a pc express video card (low profile) for the gx280 and
>>> they could not find one that would work with the 210 watt
>>> supply.....go figure
>>> mc
>>
>> I have never seen higher rated power supplies for the desktop and small
>> form factor Optiplex GX240, GX260, GX270, and GX280.
>>
>> What Dell did not tell you is that they have exactly zero inventory of
>> low profile PCI Express cards. That's why they could not find one. Any
>> low profile PCI Express card will work in the small Optiplex GX280
>> system. This is not saying very much, because the choice is extremely
>> limited, as very few card manufacturers bothered with low profile PCI
>> Express. Numerically, there is/was not much of a market for these cards.
>>
>> I have some fanless ATI Radeon X600 SE 128MB DDR1 PCI-e Video Card for
>> the Dell OptiPlex GX280 (Dell part number F9595). These are
>> factory-sealed in original Dell anti-static bags. How many do you need?
>>
>> ... Ben Myers
>
> P.S.: The F9595 has a DVI connector only... Ben

i thought that the f9595 was a full height card (technically a half
height card but with a full height bracket). the dell part g9184 is the
same card with the half height bracket. and though it only has a single
dvi port a dvi to vga connector or a dvi to dual vga conenctor can be
used with the x600.
From: mc on
On Jun 10, 9:56 pm, Ben Myers <ben_my...(a)charter.net> wrote:
> On 6/10/2010 3:47 PM, mc wrote:
>
> > I have  few optiplex gx260 and 280 models (desktop) that have the 180
> > and 210 watt supplies. Is there anyone out there that designed a
> > stronger power supply for these systems? I called dell and asked them
> > if they had a pc express video card (low profile) for the gx280 and
> > they could not find one that would work with the 210 watt
> > supply.....go figure
> > mc
>
> I have never seen higher rated power supplies for the desktop and small
> form factor Optiplex GX240, GX260, GX270, and GX280.
>
> What Dell did not tell you is that they have exactly zero inventory of
> low profile PCI Express cards.  That's why they could not find one.  Any
> low profile PCI Express card will work in the small Optiplex GX280
> system.  This is not saying very much, because the choice is extremely
> limited, as very few card manufacturers bothered with low profile PCI
> Express.  Numerically, there is/was not much of a market for these cards.
>
> I have some fanless ATI Radeon X600 SE 128MB DDR1 PCI-e Video Card for
> the Dell OptiPlex GX280 (Dell part number F9595).  These are
> factory-sealed in original Dell anti-static bags.  How many do you need?
>
> ... Ben Myers

Thanks Ben,
I could use 2 express cards. I'll send you another e-mail. Do you have
any low profile AGP's, I could use 2 of those?
mc