From: ThePro on
Hi,

We have 2 Terminal Server here, an old one running W2K3 and a new one on
W2K8. We
keep the old server for a particular application which does not run under
2008. When this app won't be needed anymore I will put both servers under
W2K8.

Now the W2K3 server is running low on licenses and I do not want to buy more
because it is near EOL, so I want to "force" all users who do not need to
use the W2K3 server to logon to the new one.

For this, I created two AD group, one named "access to TS1" and the other
"access to TS2". But when I put these groups under "Allow log on through
Terminal Services" in the Domain Security Settings they can logon to both
servers...

What is the best way to achieve what I want ?

Thank you.

ThePro

From: Silvia Doomra [MSFT] on
Can you try putting only the User group to whom you want to give access to
the 'Remote Desktop Users' group of the TS and not both?

From: ThePro on
Hi,

Works like a charm, thank you !