From: Jerry1111 on
On 02/04/2010 15:23, Charles Lindsey wrote:
> I read somewhere that it was possible to make printed circuits using a
> laser printer (one assumes, of course, that the paper track in the
> particular printer was straight enough to take the extremely stiff board).

Print tracks on a 'glossy' paper (i.e. from a cheap, glossy magazine).
Clean the board (I'm using 1000-1200 wet sandpaper). Use a non-steam
iron to warm the board up. Once hot (you have to find best temperature -
if it's too hot then the toner will melt completely) press the toner to
copper (I'm using an old sock ;-) ).
Some people are having good results by passing the board together with
printed paper through a modified cheap laminator (you have to increase
the temperature to 160-180C).
I was having very good results with old Laser 4MP. Looks like not all
the toners are good for this transfer. I was able to pass 2 tracks
between SO8 pads - not a bad result!

--
Jerry1111
From: davy on

Wondering if water soluble paper be any good.... clay paper perhaps but
never seen the stuff?

I've had good results with glossy mag. paper.... but not that Pulsar
Toner Transfer paper, that stuff you soak and it slides off leaving just
the toner, always rather blotchy toner, never having any luck with that
TRF foil you have to seal it with.

Keep saying I'll try Laser glossy paper but it ain't cheap, some folks
use stables photo paper, I think Epsons another one, but me's a yellow
belly.

davy