From: Don Phillipson on
> On 08/04/2010 05:16 PM, Jerry wrote:
> > I am running Win XP SP3 and am trying to install a new printer, During
the
> > software install I get a message saying that I need to start the Print
> > Spooler. When I try to start it I get the error message as follows;
> >
> > Could not start the print spooler service on local computer.
> > Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start.
> >
> > Any further info needed from me?

The print spooler is one of WinXP's "Services" and can be
set On/Off/Automatic: reached via Computer Management
or something like that.

"philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> wrote in message

> You need to mention exactly what kind of printer

E.g. Dell (Lenovo) printers are notorious for needing tricks
or tweaks to instal.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: Jerry on

"Don Phillipson" <e925(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message
>> On 08/04/2010 05:16 PM, Jerry wrote:
>> > I am running Win XP SP3 and am trying to install a new printer, During
> the
>> > software install I get a message saying that I need to start the Print
>> > Spooler. When I try to start it I get the error message as follows;
>> >
>> > Could not start the print spooler service on local computer.
>> > Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start.
>> >
>> > Any further info needed from me?
>
> The print spooler is one of WinXP's "Services" and can be
> set On/Off/Automatic: reached via Computer Management
> or something like that.
>
> "philo" <philo(a)privacy.net> wrote in message
>
>> You need to mention exactly what kind of printer
>
> E.g. Dell (Lenovo) printers are notorious for needing tricks
> or tweaks to instal.
>
> --
> Don Phillipson
> Carlsbad Springs
> (Ottawa, Canada)

I had the printer running and had to do a system restore and ever since it
will not load the software.

Jerry

From: Unknown on
Some printers should not be connected until told to do so. I suggest you
disconnect the printer,
delete the printer driver, reboot then install the driver. Do not connect
the printer till told to do so.

From: FrankV on
I have an HP4200 and had the same problem but it was caused by my playing
around with the settings. In the properties>ports I had to uncheck "Enable
printer pooling" and in advanced unclick "Spool print documents" and click
"print directly to the printer". If that doesn't do it then try
advanced>printing defaults. We have different printer models but yours
should be similar enough to mine to have these same things.

Frank

From: Jerry on
Which properties are you referring to?

Jerry