From: Jerry on
I am running Win XP SP3 and am trying to install a new printer, During the
software install I get a message saying that I need to start the Print
Spooler. When I try to start it I get the error message as follows;

Could not start the print spooler service on local computer.
Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start.

Any further info needed from me?
Any ideas?

Jerry

From: philo on
On 08/04/2010 05:16 PM, Jerry wrote:
> I am running Win XP SP3 and am trying to install a new printer, During the
> software install I get a message saying that I need to start the Print
> Spooler. When I try to start it I get the error message as follows;
>
> Could not start the print spooler service on local computer.
> Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start.
>
> Any further info needed from me?
> Any ideas?
>
> Jerry

You need to mention exactly what kind of printer

that message does not sound at all normal
From: bobster on
Try this:

Go to start>run>services.msc>OK>print spooler. Double click on it, then
click on dependencies. Make sure Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is indicated.
Go to RPC on services.msc and ensure that it is set to Automatic and is
started.

From: Jerry on
RPC is started but Print Spooler is stopped and will not start, just give
the error message that I indicated.

Jerry

From: Jerry on
> On 08/04/2010 05:16 PM, Jerry wrote:
>> I am running Win XP SP3 and am trying to install a new printer, During
>> the
>> software install I get a message saying that I need to start the Print
>> Spooler. When I try to start it I get the error message as follows;
>>
>> Could not start the print spooler service on local computer.
>> Error 1068: the dependency service or group failed to start.
>>
>> Any further info needed from me?
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Jerry
>>

> You need to mention exactly what kind of printer
>
> that message does not sound at all normal

Printer is an HP DeskJet D1600 if that makes any difference.