From: JD on
Karen F wrote:
> Dell printer and H& R Block Tax program. It printed after I put the tax
> program on the computer. The only thing I recently added was Itunes.

Did you look at Control Panel like I suggested?

Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, click
on Services (Local) and scroll down to Print Spooler. You can grab the
lower left corner of the window with your mouse to make it bigger. For
the Print Spooler, the startup Type should be Automatic. Is yours set
that way? And is the Status, Started?

--
JD..
From: Karen F on
Yes but it didn't work. What if I do a system restore?

--
Karen

From: Don Phillipson on
"Karen F" <fetter(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message

> Dell printer and H & R Block Tax program. It printed after I put the
tax
> program on the computer. The only thing I recently added was Itunes.

Dell printer drivers are known to have certain bugs.
(I forget the exact problem and its solution, but I
had to sort this out for a friend a couple of years ago.)

1. The Spooler is one of the "services," that can be set
On/Off/Automatic. As JD advised, you should check
the (long) list of Services, verify that Spooler is either
always On or Automatic, and verify that the setting is
unchanged after reboot.
2. If you cannot then print, search for new drivers,
uninstal the printer, and reinstal it from scratch with
new drivers (from Dell.)
3. Then test the printer and post results here.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: Milt on
Karen,

Have you tried shutting down and restarting your computer and the printer?
Just shut them down, wait a minute or two and restart them.

Milt

From: John John - MVP on
Karen F wrote:
> Yes but it didn't work. What if I do a system restore?

What do you mean "it didn't work"? That doesn't tell us if the Spooler
service is running and if it is set to start automatically when the
computer is booted. Are you familiar with the Command Prompt? Can you
run this command and give us the results?

sc qc spooler

Tip: With a redirector (>) you can send the output of the command to a
text file then copy and paste from the text file to your post, example:

sc qc spooler >c:\spool.txt

John