From: Karen F on
It is set to automatic, it is set to start. I cannot reinstall my printer
because I keep getting the same error therefore I don't even have a printer
to choose from and can't go to printer properties. I tried but nothing is
working.

From: Jose on
On Mar 13, 2:17 pm, "Karen F" <fet...(a)frontiernet.net> wrote:
> It is set to automatic, it is set to start.    I cannot reinstall my printer
> because I keep getting the same error therefore I don't even have a printer
> to choose from and can't go to printer properties.   I tried but nothing is
> working.
>
> "Don Phillipson" <e...(a)SPAMBLOCK.ncf.ca> wrote in message

> >> "JD" <J...(a)example.invalid> wrote in message

> > the
>
> > "Karen F" <fet...(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>
> >> Yes but it didn't work.   What if I do a system restore?
>
> > Repost with more details.  We do not know if you mean:
> > --  You could not reach the / Services panel
> > --  You could not reset / Services / Print spooler
> > --  You could reset this but it did not survive reboot.
>
> > --
> > Don Phillipson
> > Carlsbad Springs
> > (Ottawa, Canada)

Stop the Print Spooler Service.

Navigate to where any spooled print jobs are:

C:\windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

Delete everything in that spool folder - when there are no printing
jobs, the folder should be empty.

Reboot.

Check the Print Spooler Service and start it if it is not - it should
be if it is set to Automatic.

See if you can see your printer now and print a test page.

From: Don Phillipson on

> It is set to automatic, it is set to start. I cannot reinstall my
printer
> because I keep getting the same error therefore I don't even have a
printer
> to choose from and can't go to printer properties. I tried but nothing
is
> working.

On the / Printers panel, do you see an icon marked
"Add a Printer" ? If not, you may have the same
Dell-related error I encountered a couple of years
ago. (This may be Error 1068. I can find no detailed
notes. See also http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm )

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: John John - MVP on
Nothing will work until you start the spooler service, your wasting your
time doing anything else until you start the spooler. I'm quite certain
that your spooler is not starting because it depends on a service that
is not running. Running this simple command will answer many questions:

sc qc spooler

If you are averse to the command prompt then double click on the Print
Spooler in the Services console and check the Dependencies.

John