From: Don Phillipson on

"Karen F" <fetter(a)frontiernet.net> wrote in message

> Yes but it didn't work. What if I do a system restore?

Repost with more details. We do not know if you mean:
-- You could not reach the / Services panel
-- You could not reset / Services / Print spooler
-- You could reset this but it did not survive reboot.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

From: JD on
Karen F wrote:
> Yes but it didn't work. What if I do a system restore?

I'm NOT recommending a system restore.

Checking the Print Spooler doesn't have an option to not work. It needs
to be set to Automatic or you'll have the problem you described.

What do you mean when you say "it didn't work."?

You need to remove the signature deliminator in your signature. See the
two dashes above your name? That's actually two dashes and a space and
when someone replies to your post everything after the two dashes and a
space disappear. It's designed to not repeat your signature but since
you top post it's removing more than your signature.

--
JD..
From: Jose on
On Mar 13, 7:51 am, "Karen F" <fet...(a)frontiernet.net> wrote:
> Yes but it didn't work.   What if I do a system restore?
>
> --
> Karen
>
> "JD" <J...(a)example.invalid> wrote in message

> > Karen F wrote:
> >> Dell printer and H&  R Block Tax program.    It printed after I put the
> >> tax
> >> program on the computer.   The only thing I recently added was Itunes.
>
> > Did you look at Control Panel like I suggested?
>
> > Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Component Services, click
> > on Services (Local) and scroll down to Print Spooler. You can grab the
> > lower left corner of the window with your mouse to make it bigger. For the
> > Print Spooler, the startup Type should be Automatic. Is yours set that
> > way? And is the Status, Started?
>
> > --
> >  JD..

Start with the easy stuff.

Click Start, Settings, Printers and Faxes to see your printing
environment.

The printer with the check mark is the default printer. It the Status
Ready? If not, you will never print until it is.

Right click the default Ready printer, Properties, Print Test Page and
see if that simple operation works.
From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 08:18:21 -0600, JD <JD(a)example.invalid> wrote:

> You need to remove the signature deliminator in your signature. See the
> two dashes above your name? That's actually two dashes and a space and
> when someone replies to your post everything after the two dashes and a
> space disappear. It's designed to not repeat your signature but since
> you top post it's removing more than your signature.
>
> --
> JD..

Please note that your signature is quoted above. Although removing
everything after the two dashes and space is a standard, whether it
happens or not depends on what newsreader you use, and how you set its
options. I have that removal turned off here, since some people don't
follow the standard.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: Ian D on

> Up until today my printer was fine. I don't use it that often but when I
> went to print today this is the message I received, "The Print Spooler
> Service Is Not Running" Does anyone know what that means? I have to
> print my taxes. Thanks.
>

> --
> Karen

In the Advanced tab of the printer properties, try the
"Print directly to the printer setting". This will by-pass
the print spooler. If it works it won't solve your spooler
issue, but at least you will get you taxes printed. Direct
printing is a foreground task, so it's best to let it finish
before using the computer for other tasks.