From: Lou on
Shooter wrote:
> That's real helpful.
>
> "Lou" <lounotreal(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>> Andy Petro wrote:
>>> Are printheads available for Cannon IP 4000.
>> Google is your friend. Have you tried it?

Education is about knowing where to look for answers.

Glad you liked it:-))

Lou
From: Burt on
"Michael Johnson, PE" <cds(a)erols.com> wrote in message
> Andy Petro wrote:
>> Are printheads available for Cannon IP 4000.
>
> Yes. I have bought from Precision Roller and been pleased with their
> prices and service. Here's a link:
> http://www.precisionroller.com/find/QY6-0049-000.htm

I purchased an i960 printhead from inkcessories recently - better price than
precisionroller for that item when I checked it out.

From: measekite on
Since generic ink clogs them up rapidly Canon is happy to sell them at
around $80.00 each.

From: TJ on
Lou wrote:
> Shooter wrote:
>> That's real helpful.
>>
>> "Lou" <lounotreal(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>>> Google is your friend. Have you tried it?
>>

> Education is about knowing where to look for answers.
>
> Glad you liked it:-))
>
> Lou

Yes, and one of those places is here in this newsgroup.

I don't know about anybody else, but it really annoys me when a stranger
takes it upon himself to decide the direction my furthering education
should take. Sometimes all you want or need is an answer, and quickly. I
have had people refer me to Google, only to have to wade through piles
of extraneous junk to get the information I sought. And yes, I know a
lot depends on the search phrase, but it takes a while to learn how to
do that, especially if you don't have a bit of help with it now and then.

It would have been more helpful to the OP, and potentially better for
his education, if you had suggested a search phrase when you sent him to
Google. Heavy-handed replies like the one you gave will just turn him
off, the same way my reply is doing to you right now.

TJ
From: Shooter on

"TJ" <tjatari(a)dreamscape.com> wrote in message
> Lou wrote:
>> Shooter wrote:
>>> That's real helpful.
>>>
>>> "Lou" <lounotreal(a)optonline.net> wrote in message
>>>

>> Education is about knowing where to look for answers.
>>
>> Glad you liked it:-))
>>
>> Lou
>
> Yes, and one of those places is here in this newsgroup.
>
> I don't know about anybody else, but it really annoys me when a stranger
> takes it upon himself to decide the direction my furthering education
> should take. Sometimes all you want or need is an answer, and quickly. I
> have had people refer me to Google, only to have to wade through piles of
> extraneous junk to get the information I sought. And yes, I know a lot
> depends on the search phrase, but it takes a while to learn how to do
> that, especially if you don't have a bit of help with it now and then.
>
> It would have been more helpful to the OP, and potentially better for his
> education, if you had suggested a search phrase when you sent him to
> Google. Heavy-handed replies like the one you gave will just turn him
> off, the same way my reply is doing to you right now.
>
> TJ

I am pleased that some one is in agreement with my thoughts on this, I just
hate having to read someones coments that are in the most unhelpful, then to
add to their ignorance they hope I liked it.puts them in the measekite
group. Most users of this group know how to use Google to search but hope
they can get added help with their problem and look to this group to steer
them in the right direction, thats not search Google.

In an other posting Lou questioned a reply given, perhaps she should have
used a search engine. because reading her replies makes it difficult to
under stand what she is trying to say. While I agree that every body has the
right of reply, perhaps a reply should be relevent to the question for help.