From: Lou on
Shooter wrote:
> "TJ" <tjatari(a)dreamscape.com> wrote in message
>> Lou wrote:

>>> Education is about knowing where to look for answers.
>>>
>>> Glad you liked it:-))
>>>
>>> Lou
>> Yes, and one of those places is here in this newsgroup.
>>
>> I don't know about anybody else, but it really annoys me when a stranger
>> takes it upon himself to decide the direction my furthering education
>> should take. Sometimes all you want or need is an answer, and quickly. I
>> have had people refer me to Google, only to have to wade through piles of
>> extraneous junk to get the information I sought. And yes, I know a lot
>> depends on the search phrase, but it takes a while to learn how to do
>> that, especially if you don't have a bit of help with it now and then.
>>
>> It would have been more helpful to the OP, and potentially better for his
>> education, if you had suggested a search phrase when you sent him to
>> Google. Heavy-handed replies like the one you gave will just turn him
>> off, the same way my reply is doing to you right now.
>>
>> TJ
>
> I am pleased that some one is in agreement with my thoughts on this, I just
> hate having to read someones coments that are in the most unhelpful, then to
> add to their ignorance they hope I liked it.puts them in the measekite
> group. Most users of this group know how to use Google to search but hope
> they can get added help with their problem and look to this group to steer
> them in the right direction, thats not search Google.
>
> In an other posting Lou questioned a reply given, perhaps she should have
> used a search engine. because reading her replies makes it difficult to
> under stand what she is trying to say. While I agree that every body has the
> right of reply, perhaps a reply should be relevent to the question for help.

Uh Shooter my second post was meant to be a sarcastic.

FWIW Lou is a guy the has been in various groups for about 10 years.
Lou gets tired of seeing folks who have not even tried to find an
answer. Granted: "The difference between genius and stupidity is that
genius has its limits." - Albert Einstein

TJ The search phrase is often just the question.
Of course the OP must be willing to invest a little time in reading some
of the answers.

Lou
"For every question there is an answer that is obvious, simple, and
wrong." attributed to H. L. Mencken
From: TJ on
measekite wrote:
> Since generic ink clogs them up rapidly Canon is happy to sell them at
> around $80.00 each.
> Andy Petro wrote:
>
>> Are printheads available for Cannon IP 4000.

And how much does Canon charge to replace one that's been clogged by
Canon ink? Oh, wait, I forgot. Canon OEM ink NEVER clogs in Canon
printers. Yeah, right.

Say, Measekite, I have a marketing idea for Canon, or for any printer
manufacturer, for that matter. As their stalwart champion, I'll let you
pass it along to them. If a printer OEM is as confident in the
performance of their products as you apparently are, why don't they
offer free replacements for any printhead that clogs with their OEM ink?
Any company that claims to know as much about ink formulation as Canon
and the others should easily be able to test the residue in the clogged
head for contamination by non-OEM ink, thus weeding out the false
claims. If the clog is OEM, the head is replaced. Simple. And it
shouldn't cost them much, either. If, as you have implied repeatedly,
OEM ink almost never clogs, they won't have to make good on the
guarantee very often.

But you know they won't go for it, and you know why - even though you
won't admit the truth here. The truth is, OEM ink clogs as much as
aftermarket ink, and good aftermarket ink is so close to OEM that even
the OEM might have trouble telling the difference.

TJ
From: measekite on

TJ wrote:

> measekite wrote:
>
>> Since generic ink clogs them up rapidly Canon is happy to sell them
>> at around $80.00 each.
>> Andy Petro wrote:
>>
>>> Are printheads available for Cannon IP 4000.
>>>

> And how much does Canon charge to replace one that's been clogged by
> Canon ink? Oh, wait, I forgot. Canon OEM ink NEVER clogs in Canon
> printers. Yeah, right.
>
> Say, Measekite, I have a marketing idea for Canon, or for any printer
> manufacturer, for that matter. As their stalwart champion, I'll let
> you pass it along to them. If a printer OEM is as confident in the
> performance of their products as you apparently are, why don't they
> offer free replacements for any printhead that clogs with their OEM
> ink? Any company that claims to know as much about ink formulation as
> Canon and the others should easily be able to test the residue in the
> clogged head for contamination by non-OEM ink, thus weeding out the
> false claims. If the clog is OEM, the head is replaced. Simple. And it
> shouldn't cost them much, either. If, as you have implied repeatedly,
> OEM ink almost never clogs, they won't have to make good on the
> guarantee very often.
>
> But you know they won't go for it, and you know why -

yep, al they gotta do is read the posters in this ng and they will find
they why they should never consider it.

> even though you won't admit the truth here. The truth is, OEM ink
> clogs as much as aftermarket ink,

not true

> and good aftermarket ink

never seen any good.

> is so close to OEM that even the OEM might have trouble telling the
> difference.

tell that to wilhelm

From: zakezuke on

Andy Petro wrote:
> Are printheads available for Cannon IP 4000.

There are printheads available for the ip4000. We are in an inbetween
period of canon models, between the ip4200 which is no longer
available, and the ip4300 which has not hit stores yet. Usually a
printhead will run you 2/3ths the value of a new printer, or about the
same for a base model on sale. I'm not saying there are not benifits
keeping yours in service, only that upgrading can cost about the
same... or a tad more. Upgrading usually means higher costs in ink.

QY6-049-000

look for that part, though I don't see anything on amazon.com like I
once did. There is always e-bay, Try searching for i860 printhead.

From: Shooter on
I have just purchased one for a IP6600d from the USA cost $78 plus $15
shipping a costly item but for the exchange rate total cost ?51.67 with is
very acceptable.