From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <67CF4E43-F665-4EC2-8663-0CD908FBDA3E(a)microsoft.com>, Echo S
wrote:
> Wow, that sounds just about perfect for what *I'd* want, Steve!

There's a free copy waiting at that URL ... just for you. <g>

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Christine on
Thanks Steve.

Due to work load, I won't be able to play with it again until next week so I
will report back then.

Have you and Rick ever thought of doing a session at the Presentation Summit
about coding for dummies? I know I would be there! :-)

Christine

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <A6A8E86F-B8B7-4051-9324-62D11B717E9B(a)microsoft.com>, Christine wrote:
> Thanks Steve.
>
> Due to work load, I won't be able to play with it again until next week so I
> will report back then.
>
> Have you and Rick ever thought of doing a session at the Presentation Summit
> about coding for dummies? I know I would be there! :-)

We did a session on it once and then later a whole Sunday "Boot Camp" series ... two
or three sessions in one day devoted to just coding. It was fun but didn't work out
as well as I'd have liked for everyone who attended.

There aren't enough people interested in either beginning or advanced VBA to justify
devoting sessions to both, but if you put them all together, it's a toss up ... when
you dive into stuff like variables and objects, will the yawns from the advanced
coders drown out the sound of exploding heads from over in the newbie section or
t'other way round? ;-)

But I put a lot of that course material up on a mini web site so students could refer
back to it later. You might like to have a look at that. There's a link to it here:

How do I use VBA code in PowerPoint
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00033.htm

And:

I'll be in the Help Center at Presentation Summit along with at least two other
capable PPT/VBA coders. Any of us will be happy to help with specific
problems/questions. Best bet is to come by while there are sessions going on; you'll
have us pretty much to yourself. Between sessions, it gets pretty chaotic.

And:

Given available room and time, Rick's amenable to scheduling impromptu sessions on
pretty much anything several attendees get together and ask for, so long as there's
someone available to lead the session. Email him about it, get it in the
AltmanMentalHopper early. I'd bet we can at least get an informal discussion set up.