From: Christine on
Is there an easy way to print all the layouts in a specific Theme
automatically?

We have close to 20 Themes and I would like to print out all of the layouts
so we can establish consistency across the different Themes.

I am guessing there isn't a set function or process to do this, and I don't
relish doing it one by one!

Thanks,
Christine
From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <C79FED46-B63B-4EF4-A813-382BE95E8D57(a)microsoft.com>, Christine
wrote:
> Is there an easy way to print all the layouts in a specific Theme
> automatically?
>
> We have close to 20 Themes and I would like to print out all of the layouts
> so we can establish consistency across the different Themes.
>
> I am guessing there isn't a set function or process to do this, and I don't
> relish doing it one by one!

Neat question.

Here's a semi-neat answer:

Create a sample presentation from a theme
http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ01048.htm

It does most of the work of creating a sample presentation from the current
theme, populates the text placeholders with reasonable text and puts a bit of
ID text at the upper left ... the name of the layout.

Source code's not protected so if you want to change the text it plugs in,
you're welcome to do so. You might need to specify a different path/picture
to insert (near the top of the code).

==============================
PPT Frequently Asked Questions
http://www.pptfaq.com/

PPTools add-ins for PowerPoint
http://www.pptools.com/

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <6EEBB551-B17E-4E42-9B96-A37B39AA66F7(a)microsoft.com>, Echo S wrote:
> I bet that wouldn't be too hard to cobble up in code.
>
> You'd probably want to create slides based on the layouts and then populate
> the placeholders with some dummy text, right?

Hmm. Replied earlier but it seems to have gone awol.
Short version:

From: Christine on
I was nearly jumping up and down with excitement when I read your reply this
morning. Thank you!!!

I have NEVER used any macros or coding before (other than my high school
Basic and Fortran courses back in the stone age) so bear with my rookie
questions.

Everything is working, except I'm getting the following error:

Run-time error ;-2147467259 (80004005)';
Method 'UserPicture" of object "FillFormat" failed

Then it runs fine when I hit "End" !!!

If there is an "easy" fix for this that I can handle, that would be great
since I will be sharing this with one of my coworkers. Otherwise I'll just
work around it!

Thank you SO much for providing this code, it will save me HOURS of work!!

Christine

From: Steve Rindsberg on
Hiya Christine ... you're very welcome.

Without calling it up and testing, I'm guessing that you're getting the error
because you haven't edited the macro to point to a sample JPG file on your PC.

My original instructions sorta neglected this; sorry.

Open the ThemeSampler file
Press Alt+F11 to open the VB editor
Near the top of the macro, you'll see this:

' Change this to suit your needs:
sPictureName="a long path pointing to Forest.JPG"

Edit that to be a complete path to an image you'd like to use as a sample.
Make sure to surround the path with quotes.

Choose "Debug, Compile VBA project" to make sure your changes are ok.

If all's well, press Alt+Q to quit the editor; save the file.

Now have another go at it; let us know how it goes.

OR ...

Save the picture you want to use for a sample as Forest.JPG and put it in

C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\

That's where the code's looking for the pic. Maybe easier than fiddling with the
code, huh? ;-)