From: David Ching on
"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote in message
> I've seen this happen before, most often with Microsoft apps. I've had
> various Office
> apps fail to display when I click their icon, and have to just start
> minimizing other apps
> until I see the version of Word, or PPT, or Excel, that I want.

I've only seen that happen when it is showing a modal dialog.

-- David

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Odd. I get it whenever I have a few dozen apps running. I can rarely have more than
that, due to the childish nature of the operating system and its allocation of GDI
resources globally. [When I have 8CPUs and 8GB of memory, it is stupid to limit GDI
resources. If I want to run 200 apps concurrently, I should be able to!]
joe

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 11:58:42 -0700, "David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:

>"Joseph M. Newcomer" <newcomer(a)flounder.com> wrote in message
>> I've seen this happen before, most often with Microsoft apps. I've had
>> various Office
>> apps fail to display when I click their icon, and have to just start
>> minimizing other apps
>> until I see the version of Word, or PPT, or Excel, that I want.
>
>I've only seen that happen when it is showing a modal dialog.
>
>-- David

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Yoavo on
I found out that the cause for this problem is that we handle the
ON_WM_ACTIVATEAPP event.
In this event we call a method of a COM object (which exists on a different
proccess).
It appears that this call cause the problem. Even if the method is empty,
the problem still exists !!

Yoav.

From: David Lowndes on
>I found out that the cause for this problem is that we handle the
>ON_WM_ACTIVATEAPP event.
>In this event we call a method of a COM object (which exists on a different
>proccess).
>It appears that this call cause the problem. Even if the method is empty,
>the problem still exists !!

.... but if you don't have the handler at all it's OK?

What happens if you just call the base class implementation from your
handler?

Which version of VS are you using?

Dave
From: Yoavo on
If I remove the handler its OK.
If I just call the base class implementation its OK also.
The problem occurs when I try to call a method (even if it do nothing !) of
a COM object which exists in a different process.
I am using VS2008.

Yoav.

"David Lowndes" <DavidL(a)example.invalid> wrote in message
> >I found out that the cause for this problem is that we handle the
>>ON_WM_ACTIVATEAPP event.
>>In this event we call a method of a COM object (which exists on a
>>different
>>proccess).
>>It appears that this call cause the problem. Even if the method is empty,
>>the problem still exists !!
>
> ... but if you don't have the handler at all it's OK?
>
> What happens if you just call the base class implementation from your
> handler?
>
> Which version of VS are you using?
>
> Dave

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last