From: Yoavo on
I tried different timer settings (even only 1ms) - all of them supply good
results.
Yoav.

From: David Lowndes on
>I tried different timer settings (even only 1ms) - all of them supply good
>results.

In that case I'm surprised that the PostMessage technique didn't work.

Dave
From: David Ching on
>>I tried different timer settings (even only 1ms) - all of them supply good
>>results.
>
> In that case I'm surprised that the PostMessage technique didn't work.

One difference is timer messages are processed AFTER any pending WM_PAINT.
Posted messages are processed BEFORE any WM_PAINT.

-- David

From: David Lowndes on
>>>I tried different timer settings (even only 1ms) - all of them supply good
>>>results.
>>
>> In that case I'm surprised that the PostMessage technique didn't work.
>>

>One difference is timer messages are processed AFTER any pending WM_PAINT.
>Posted messages are processed BEFORE any WM_PAINT.

Yeah, I appreciate there are differences, but I wouldn't have expected
them to be significant. It's usually just a matter of delaying things
to occur after the current message.

Dave
From: David Ching on
> Yeah, I appreciate there are differences, but I wouldn't have expected
> them to be significant. It's usually just a matter of delaying things
> to occur after the current message.

When it comes to ActiveX activation, there's no end of things that don't
make sense. It kind of adds up that it would make a difference here as it
is in response to activating an app which causes a repaint. Good call on
the idea to set a timer.

-- David

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4