From: Yoavo on
Hi,
I have an MFC application which have the following problem:
Sometimes, if I have more than one instance of the application, when the
user click the TaskBar button (when my application is minimized) the
application stays minimized.

Can someone advice ?

thanks,
Yoav.

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
Depends on how the task bar is set up. Is it set up to "group" similar apps? In that
case, it won't restore a minimized app.
joe

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 11:14:35 +0300, "Yoavo" <yoav(a)cimatron.co.il> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have an MFC application which have the following problem:
>Sometimes, if I have more than one instance of the application, when the
>user click the TaskBar button (when my application is minimized) the
>application stays minimized.
>
>Can someone advice ?
>
>thanks,
>Yoav.
Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
From: Yoavo on
The task bar does set up to "group similar apps", but only my application
has this problem.
Other applications which are grouped, and the user tries to maximize them
using the task bar button, has no problem.

Yoav.

From: David Ching on
"Yoavo" <yoav(a)cimatron.co.il> wrote in message
> The task bar does set up to "group similar apps", but only my application
> has this problem.
> Other applications which are grouped, and the user tries to maximize them
> using the task bar button, has no problem.

Well, what code do you have to handle restore/maximize? What window styles
do you use? Do you call ShowWindow()?

-- David

From: Joseph M. Newcomer on
I've seen this happen before, most often with Microsoft apps. I've had various Office
apps fail to display when I click their icon, and have to just start minimizing other apps
until I see the version of Word, or PPT, or Excel, that I want.
joe

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 03:18:57 -0700, "David Ching" <dc(a)remove-this.dcsoft.com> wrote:

>"Yoavo" <yoav(a)cimatron.co.il> wrote in message
>> The task bar does set up to "group similar apps", but only my application
>> has this problem.
>> Other applications which are grouped, and the user tries to maximize them
>> using the task bar button, has no problem.
>>

>Well, what code do you have to handle restore/maximize? What window styles
>do you use? Do you call ShowWindow()?
>
>-- David

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer(a)flounder.com