From: Steve on

Is your mouse connected directly to your computer or do you have a
keyboard/mouse switchbox in between ? And/or is there anything else that
could possibly be interfering with the connection to your PC from the mouse
?

A couple of alternatives before buying a new mouse.

*1 Try an old fashioned Tethered ball mouse... and one that you know
works....
*2 Clean the mouse inside (which may invovle unscrewing it)
*3 Reinstall Windows.

BTW.. For Wireless Optical Mouse designers... how about an ON/OFF switch
please to save battery life!

Good luck!

S.

From: C on
Steve wrote:

> BTW.. For Wireless Optical Mouse designers... how about an ON/OFF switch
> please to save battery life!

I have one. It's made by Ntrust. There's a little switch to turn it off
on the bottom of the mouse.

From: choro on
Steve wrote:
> Is your mouse connected directly to your computer or do you have a
> keyboard/mouse switchbox in between ? And/or is there anything else
> that could possibly be interfering with the connection to your PC
> from the mouse ?
>
> A couple of alternatives before buying a new mouse.
>
> *1 Try an old fashioned Tethered ball mouse... and one that you know
> works....
> *2 Clean the mouse inside (which may invovle unscrewing it)
> *3 Reinstall Windows.
>

> BTW.. For Wireless Optical Mouse designers... how about an ON/OFF
> switch please to save battery life!

Surely you don't mean that. A software auto-on (immediately when movement
sensed) and auto off (after a certain period of inactivity) is far superior.
--
choro
*****

From: Ken Blake, MVP on
On Wed, 24 Mar 2010 13:29:57 -0000, "choro" <choro(a)tvco.net> wrote:

> Steve wrote:

> > BTW.. For Wireless Optical Mouse designers... how about an ON/OFF
> > switch please to save battery life!
>
> Surely you don't mean that. A software auto-on (immediately when movement
> sensed) and auto off (after a certain period of inactivity) is far superior.

I strongly agree. My Microsoft wireless mouse has a switch like the
one he asks for. *Most* of the time I remember to turn it off, but now
and then I forget.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
From: choro on
C wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>

>> BTW.. For Wireless Optical Mouse designers... how about an ON/OFF
>> switch please to save battery life!
>
> I have one. It's made by Ntrust. There's a little switch to turn it
> off on the bottom of the mouse.

Hey be careful there are no female mice around when you turn it ON!
--
choro
*****