From: Bikini Browser on
Hello folks:

I have a Microsoft Standard wireless Optical Mouse. The problem is that it
right clicks by itself and if you hoover over an item, it will open that
item by itself sometimes.

I have updated the driver for it using Microsoft Software, and I have new
batteries but the problem persists.

I really hate to have to buy a new mouse so does anyone have any ideas on
what I can do to solve this problem?

Any ideas are appreciated...

--
Bikini Browser of San Juan Puerto Rico
Small Business Office Automation

(787) 637-9100
www.daleallen.com

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Bikini Browser" <delete.bikini.this.browser(a)gmail.com>

| Hello folks:

| I have a Microsoft Standard wireless Optical Mouse. The problem is that it
| right clicks by itself and if you hoover over an item, it will open that
| item by itself sometimes.

| I have updated the driver for it using Microsoft Software, and I have new
| batteries but the problem persists.

| I really hate to have to buy a new mouse so does anyone have any ideas on
| what I can do to solve this problem?

| Any ideas are appreciated...

Try someone else's mouse BEFORE you buy a new one.

--
Dave

From: Bikini Browser on
I forgot to mention that this Intel Motherboard was made for a PS2 mouse but
I am using this Microsoft USB Wireless Mouse...

I don't think it makes a differance but I wanted to mention it.

=====================================

From: Elmo on
Bikini Browser wrote:
> Hello folks:
>
> I have a Microsoft Standard wireless Optical Mouse. The problem is that it
> right clicks by itself and if you hoover over an item, it will open that
> item by itself sometimes.
>
> I have updated the driver for it using Microsoft Software, and I have new
> batteries but the problem persists.
>
> I really hate to have to buy a new mouse so does anyone have any ideas on
> what I can do to solve this problem?
>
> Any ideas are appreciated...

Press the button on the bottom of the sending unit and on the bottom of
the mouse. That might get the devices to connect on a different
channel. This could help if the current channel is being influenced by
another device in proximity.

--
Joe =o)
From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on