From: jubiiab via AccessMonster.com on
I have form with a subform. On the mainform I have a history of all kind of
machine parts. In the subform I have information of a supplier. Some Machine
ID's have more then one supplier attached.

The subform look like this if I have more then one supplier attached to a
machine (only showing few fields and I using continues form view):

[SupplierID] [SupName] [SupMachineID] [SupMachineName] [UseSupplier]
1 Test1 54564763 MachineTest
[_] (checkbox)
2 Test2 9788979 MachineTest2
[x] (checkbox)
3 Test3 9788979 MachineTest3
[_] (checkbox)

I am using this code in the subform:

Private Sub Form_Current()

If Me.UseSupplier = True Then
Me.SupName.ForeColor = vbGreen
Me.Supname.FontBold = True
Else
Me.Supname.ForeColor = vbBlack

End If
End Sub

My problem is when I have a checkmark in the checkbox I get all [SupName]
green. I just want to have (like in the example above) [SubName]=Test2 to
become green. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry about my English.

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
If the subform is in Datasheet or Continuous View, as most are, you cannot do
this kind of formatting thru code in the Form_Current event. You'll have to
use the Conditional Formatting from the Format Menu.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

From: jubiiab via AccessMonster.com on
what do i write in Conditonal formatting?? Can you give me an example of code?

From: Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com on
Sorry, meant to give you a step-by-step:

Goto Format - Conditional Formatting

Under Condition select "Expression Is"

Then in the next box enter

[UseSupplier] = -1

Now simply use the icons to set the Forecolor you want and Bold it.

Now click on OK

You should be set.

BTW, the only kind of formatting you can do on these types of forms, using
code in the Form_Current event, is to Lock/Unlock and Enable/Disable controls.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Teste