From: jodleren on
On May 16, 10:32 pm, "Hot-text" <hot-t...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> ms-its:C:\WINDOWS\Help\misc.chm::/compatibility_tab_and_wizard.htm
>
> Go to the Program *.exe File
> Right Click it
> Open Properties
> Go to Compatibility in Properties
> Check Mark Run this Program in Compatibility made for:
> Window 98 / Window Me
> Click Apply
> Click OK
>
> To run the Program Compatibility Wizard
> Start the Program Compatibility ( hcp://system/compatctr/compatmode.htm )
> Wizard.
> Follow the instructions in the wizard.
>  Note
>
> To start the Program Compatibility Wizard, click Start, click Help and
> Support, click Find compatible hardware and software for Windows XP, and
> then, under See Also in the navigation pane, click Program Compatibility
> Wizard.
> Set the compatibility properties manually
> As an alternative to running the Program Compatibility Wizard, you can set
> the compatibility properties for a program manually. The settings are the
> same as the options in the Program Compatibility Wizard.
>
> To set the compatibility properties for a program manually
> Right-click the program icon on your desktop or the shortcut on the Start
> menu for the program you want to run, and then click Properties.
> Click the Compatibility tab, and change the compatibility settings for your
> program.
>  Notes
>
> The Compatibility tab is only available for programs installed on your hard
> drive. Although you can run the Program Compatibility Wizard on programs or
> setup files on a CD-ROM or floppy disk, your changes will not remain in
> effect after you close the program.
> For more information about an option on the Compatibility tab, right-click
> the option and then click What's This.
>
> "jodleren" <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote in message

> > Hi all
>
> > My problem is an older programme, Next from SCM for Windor 60 to
> > exact. Probably that doesnt tell you much.
>
> > Originally it works on Win98, and can be reinstalled and work on
> > Win98.
> > ´
> > On Win XP however, it will work the first time, but after that it will
> > give this error:
>
> > Invalid argument to date encode.
>
> > Then an access violation will occur, and the programme will not work.
> > I tried it on to Win XP computers, the result is the same. That was
> > yesterday, 15.05.2010.
> > It does not even read in the language or anything. All functions
> > result in an access violation error.
>
> > As it works on Win98, it has to be related to some kind of windows DLL
> > or something.
> > Any ideas anyone?
>
> > WBR
> > Sonnich

The compability issue does not solve it. Not is it a Y2K problem, as
it works on Win98.

So, any other suggestions?

WBT
Sonnich
From: Noel Paton on
Why not run it in a Win98 VM in XP??

--
Noel Paton
CrashFixPC

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
www.crashfixpc.co.uk

From: jodleren on
On May 16, 7:16 pm, jodleren <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> My problem is an older programme, Next from SCM for Windor 60 to
> exact. Probably that doesnt tell you much.
>
> Originally it works on Win98, and can be reinstalled and work on
> Win98.
> ´
> On Win XP however, it will work the first time, but after that it will
> give this error:
>
> Invalid argument to date encode.
>
> Then an access violation will occur, and the programme will not work.
> I tried it on to Win XP computers, the result is the same. That was
> yesterday, 15.05.2010.
> It does not even read in the language or anything. All functions
> result in an access violation error.
>
> As it works on Win98, it has to be related to some kind of windows DLL
> or something.
> Any ideas anyone?
>
> WBR
> Sonnich

To be more exact, my problem is ntdll.dll - after loading that the
error occurs. Next it loads msimtf.dll

Gee, I recall ntdll.dll - it can cause a lot of problems, and it is
probably related to user rights :)

WBR
Sonnich
From: Hot-text on
Then he need to run his Windows Update
To fix it, for in 1999 thay put out a update to fix the Y2K
If he run all of the Windows Update, then Y2K is not the problem!

From: Hot-text on
If it's ntdll.dll - it's 100% of problems!
Ok I'll do a Find: All Files on my Win98
Ntdll.dll << Find Now
I have Two
#One in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM Ntdll.dll 20KB
Version 4.10.1998

#Two in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ Ntdll.dll 692KB
5.1.2600.2180(xp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)

Have you run all of you Windows Updates?

For I have all my Windows Updates and can not get no more and you see from
the Updates that #Two is a xp_sp2!

> On May 16, 7:16 pm, jodleren <sonn...(a)hot.ee> wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> My problem is an older programme, Next from SCM for Windor 60 to
>> exact. Probably that doesnt tell you much.
>>
>> Originally it works on Win98, and can be reinstalled and work on
>> Win98.
>> �
>> On Win XP however, it will work the first time, but after that it will
>> give this error:
>>
>> Invalid argument to date encode.
>>
>> Then an access violation will occur, and the programme will not work.
>> I tried it on to Win XP computers, the result is the same. That was
>> yesterday, 15.05.2010.
>> It does not even read in the language or anything. All functions
>> result in an access violation error.
>>
>> As it works on Win98, it has to be related to some kind of windows DLL
>> or something.
>> Any ideas anyone?
>>
>> WBR
>> Sonnich
>
> To be more exact, my problem is ntdll.dll - after loading that the
> error occurs. Next it loads msimtf.dll
>
> Gee, I recall ntdll.dll - it can cause a lot of problems, and it is
> probably related to user rights :)
>
> WBR
> Sonnich

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last