From: The Doctor on
Hi all,

I have an Omni DVDR528. When I powered it up, the drive door doesn't open.
Also recognition by XP or Linux is intermitten.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance
From: Don McKenzie on
The Doctor wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have an Omni DVDR528. When I powered it up, the drive door doesn't open.
> Also recognition by XP or Linux is intermitten.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance

Power!

Do you have a power lead as well as a data led plugged in?
Don't use a hub for power. May not be wise to use one for data if it is
marginal.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

http://www.dontronics-shop.com/super4-usb-relay-module.html
From: The Doctor on
Don McKenzie <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in news:6q376mFagthhU1(a)mid.individual.net:

> The Doctor wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have an Omni DVDR528. When I powered it up, the drive door doesn't
>> open. Also recognition by XP or Linux is intermitten.
>>
>> Any idea?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>
> Power!
>
> Do you have a power lead as well as a data led plugged in?
> Don't use a hub for power. May not be wise to use one for data if it
> is marginal.
>
> Don...

Thanks Don, I definitely have power. Otherwise, I wouldn't be seeing the
LED lighting up. The connector is a bit funny though.
From: Don McKenzie on
The Doctor wrote:
> Don McKenzie <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in news:6q376mFagthhU1(a)mid.individual.net:
>
>> The Doctor wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have an Omni DVDR528. When I powered it up, the drive door doesn't
>>> open. Also recognition by XP or Linux is intermitten.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>> Power!
>>
>> Do you have a power lead as well as a data led plugged in?
>> Don't use a hub for power. May not be wise to use one for data if it
>> is marginal.
>>
>> Don...
>>

> Thanks Don, I definitely have power. Otherwise, I wouldn't be seeing the
> LED lighting up. The connector is a bit funny though.

Power, and enough power are two different things.

From: steam3801 on
On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 01:20:20 GMT, The Doctor <doctor(a)nospam.com>
wrote:

>Don McKenzie <5V(a)2.5A> wrote in news:6q376mFagthhU1(a)mid.individual.net:
>
>> The Doctor wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have an Omni DVDR528. When I powered it up, the drive door doesn't
>>> open. Also recognition by XP or Linux is intermitten.
>>>
>>> Any idea?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Power!
>>
>> Do you have a power lead as well as a data led plugged in?
>> Don't use a hub for power. May not be wise to use one for data if it
>> is marginal.
>>
>> Don...
>>

>Thanks Don, I definitely have power. Otherwise, I wouldn't be seeing the
>LED lighting up. The connector is a bit funny though.

Not what was asked, and not answered.

LED doesn't necessarily mean power to run, just simply power.

What sort of connection? (.e.g. USB?) Does the device have separate
power cords?

(i.e. some ecterneal HDD have Y USB connectors - one for the bus
connevtion, which may or may not supply enough power to connect AND
transfer data. Something the other USB connection in the Y cable is
required in another USB port to add more power).
--
steam3801
Compuglobalhypermeganet Inc.