From: Paul on
Hello:

I have installed Project 2007 beta and the technical refresh. When I open
Project, I get this message: "Project could not open Global.MPT. To restore
the original Global.mpt, re-run setup and then select repair. You may also
need to delete the copy of the Global.mpt in your personal folder."

I deleted the Global.mpt in the folder and then repaired the program, but
when I opened it again, I received the same message.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
--
"Live well your part, there all the honor lies."
From: "JulieS" passport6847 at maine dot rr dot on
Hi Paul,

Pardon me for asking but did you install both Office 2007 Beta Technical
Refresh as well as Project 2007 Beta Technical Refresh? There are 2
separate Tech Refreshes -- one for Office 2007 and another for Project
2007.

I had similar difficulties with Office 2007 Beta (Word) when I only
installed the Tech Refresh to Project 2007 before installing the Office
2007 TR. After installing *both* TRs all of the beta products worked
fine.

I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along.

Julie
Project MVP

Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information
about Microsoft Project