From: hfd on
I have an issue with my companies Public Folders on Outlook. First
off we cannot afford Sharepoint at this time so don't tell me to buy
it.

We have about 100 public folders, all of them have different users
and
different attributes. There was a lady who helped develope all the
folders who worked for us for 10 years. She has since retired and
left. Some folders have her as the admin still. I want to be able
to go in and change the properties of the folders and set up
diffferent users permissions. When I click on summary it's grayed
out. Do you know of a way to either add my user as an admin to all
folders, or go into each folder and change the permissions if I
didn't
create it. Thanks for your suggestions!
From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"hfd" <dan.westphal(a)gmail.com> wrote in message

>I have an issue with my companies Public Folders on Outlook. First
> off we cannot afford Sharepoint at this time so don't tell me to buy
> it.

No need to post multiple times.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Sue Mosher [MVP] on
Get the free PFDavAdmin tool from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424.
It can manage mailbox folder permissions, as well as public folder
permissions.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

From: Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com on
When you first had Public Folders setup for your company, someone should have
been setup for Owner permission for that folder. Then that person would have
set individual permissions for different folders. Whoever has the owner
permission of all the Public Folders will have to make you the admin for
those folders.

From: Diane Poremsky [MVP] on
The person who owned the folders is now gone but the admin can use
pfdavadmin to change the ownership to himself or someone else.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

New Poll: What type of email account is your main account?