From: ArabianArtist on
I have designed a site in frontpage 2003, I have saved all my files,
organized them, and created a navigation menu with hyperlinks.

I am having a couple of problems...

( I have hosting with GreenGeeks.com and they have the Frontpage extensions,
which I was able to "install". )

OK, when I publish, I have about 8 pages. The only page that publishes to
the internet successfully is the index page. For some reason, all the other
pages do not publish.

What am I doing wrong?

Tirnanogarabs.com
When you click on the graphic, it is supposed to take you to the actual
website... however, I get an error code.

So I am wanting this... I want the graphic to take you to
tirnanogarabs.com/home.htm and it does... but the page design doesn't
publish to that page. The files upload...

I have been reading tutorials all day, and I have seen nothing that helps me
with my issue.

Any help is appreciated!
From: "Trevor Lawrence" Trevor on
Clearly, http://tirnanogarabs.com/home.htm does not exist

I don't know why it would not publish, given that
http://tirnanogarabs.com/index.htm did publish.

Try to publish it separately. That is,
Highlight (left click) the file in the left hand panel
Left click on the top blue arrow

--
Trevor Lawrence
Canberra

From: Ronx on
It's a case of CaSe sensitivity.

Your links (or at least the two I tested) are to home.htm and sales.htm. However the pages are named Home.htm and Sales.htm - notice the captitalisation.
You will either have to rename the pages to use lower case names (best method), or change the links to match the capitalisation in the existing page names.

Renaming the pages is a two step process since Windows cannot tyell the difference between Home and home:
1) Rename the pages to something else, for example change Home.htm to xhome.htm, and allow all the links to update.
2) change the name to the correct, lowercase, name - in the example change xhome.htm to home.htm.

This will have to be done for every page and image that does not appear on the web.
Finally, republish the website.

One last thing - the first page ina website is expected to draw people in - all your does is show a picture, there is nothing there to say what your site is about, or why anyone should go any further - if they can find a way to go further.

And a 10MB (more than 10 million bytes) image is about 500 (five hundred) times too big for the web. Change it to a .jpg and optimise it - The splash page should never be more than 15KB including all images.
--
Ron Symonds
Microsoft MVP (Expression Web)

ArabianArtist explained :

From: ArabianArtist on
Thank you to everyone one who responded, I never thought of the case
sensitivity- thank you for pointing that out, man I appreciate it. If that
doesn't work ( which I think it will, again, thank you so much! ) I will also
try uploading them seperately.

The splash page is big, it was what the lady I built it for wanted. When I
optimized it as a lower resolution gif, the colors became just awful. I will
make it smaller and see how that works better for load time. She actually
commissioned me to do the painting which was the whole basis of the website...

She raises Arabian horses and wanted a "fairy" theme, I really struggled
with this design, as my own personal sites are always extremely simple, no
splash pages and minimal graphics. However as long as her pages are up and
she is happy, that is my main goal.

I will let you all know how those changes go, and post the site here so you
can see the site.

Have a wonderful and prosperous day!

From: ArabianArtist on

Again, thank you to everyone who wrote in and helped me out!
I used the suggestions and it worked out!
www.tirnanogarabs.com

Again I can't thank you all enough!

Pages: 1 2
Prev: Edit an on-line file