From: Mark on
I have a Windows network with 7 Windows 2003 servers, and around 180 Windows
XP SP3 workstations. All of the WinXP users have limited access to their own
PC's. Is there a way to "push" out Adobe Flash Player to these workstations
from the server(s) WITHOUT SMS server or similar? Thanks.

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Mark,

Download the .msi here:
http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

And install it with a GPO as softwaredistribution.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: Mark on
This method only seems to work if the username used to log onto the PC has
administrative rights. Does anyone know a way around this? Our 200 users do
NOT have admin rights to their local computers.

From: Meinolf Weber [MVP-DS] on
Hello Mark,

You can install software also via the computer configuration part, then it
uses the system account permissions.

Best regards

Meinolf Weber
no rights.

From: John on
Computer Configuration - Administrative Templates - Windows Components -
Windows Installer - Always install with elevated priveleges (Enabled).