From: Keith Snyder on
My credit card number was replaced due to compromised data at an unnamed
merchant.

So, when I try to import credit card transactions, Q2010 insists on a new
credit card account.

I can live with that but don't want to. How can I get Q2010 to import
xxxx-4321 into account xxxx-1234?

From: Andrew on
Keith Snyder wrote:
> My credit card number was replaced due to compromised data at an
> unnamed merchant.
>
> So, when I try to import credit card transactions, Q2010 insists on a
> new credit card account.
>
> I can live with that but don't want to. How can I get Q2010 to import
> xxxx-4321 into account xxxx-1234?

Not sure what you mean by 'import', but try looking at:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.software.financial.quicken/browse_thread/thread/ebd43133bb76634b?pli=1 .
I had a changed card number from the same vendor (Citi) and I use OSU to
update. Deactivating, changing the card # in Q for the CC account, and
reactivating did the trick for me.

Regards -

- Andrew

From: Keith Snyder on

"Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> wrote in message
> Keith Snyder wrote:
>> My credit card number was replaced due to compromised data at an
>> unnamed merchant.
>>
>> So, when I try to import credit card transactions, Q2010 insists on a
>> new credit card account.
>>
>> I can live with that but don't want to. How can I get Q2010 to import
>> xxxx-4321 into account xxxx-1234?
>
> Not sure what you mean by 'import', but try looking at:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.software.financial.quicken/browse_thread/thread/ebd43133bb76634b?pli=1 .
> I had a changed card number from the same vendor (Citi) and I use OSU to
> update. Deactivating, changing the card # in Q for the CC account, and
> reactivating did the trick for me.

Thank you, that worked.

From: Andrew on
Keith Snyder wrote:
> "Andrew" <andrew(a)jkl.com> wrote in message
>> Keith Snyder wrote:
>>> My credit card number was replaced due to compromised data at an
>>> unnamed merchant.
>>>
>>> So, when I try to import credit card transactions, Q2010 insists on
>>> a new credit card account.
>>>
>>> I can live with that but don't want to. How can I get Q2010 to
>>> import xxxx-4321 into account xxxx-1234?
>>
>> Not sure what you mean by 'import', but try looking at:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.comp.software.financial.quicken/browse_thread/thread/ebd43133bb76634b?pli=1
>> . I had a changed card number from the same vendor (Citi) and I use
>> OSU to update. Deactivating, changing the card # in Q for the CC
>> account,
>> and reactivating did the trick for me.
>>

> Thank you, that worked.

The one thing I should have mentioned (and maybe you didn't have this
problem) is that for a certain number of transactions that were posted to my
'old' account before I started using my new card with the new account
number, I ended up downloading a slew of "transferred out" transactions.
Citi was moving all of the transactions being charged with the old card to
the new card's balance.

I ended up manually deleting all of those I believe, since in "Q" it was the
same Quicken account, those balances had to stay. It was just a matter of
manually deleting and ensuring that I accounted for all of them.

The process actually was quite smooth ; I was impressed.

Regards -

- Andrew