From: jo on
I recently closed out an account and wanted to hide it from any and
all screens. I have other hidden accounts and they are hidden in My
Pages account list but now the most recent one and the old hidden ones
are appearing in the Performance screen of My Portfolio, in the Avg
Annual Return section under the graph of the growth of $10K for
whatever period you've chosen. The numbers for 1 yr, 3 yr , etc
returns are all n/a for these accounts so I don't think it's throwing
off calculations, it's just really cluttering up the screen. Any ideas
what could cause the accounts to surface, but only in this location?
From: jo on
On Mar 9, 5:31 pm, jo <phillysle...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> I recently closed out an account and wanted to hide it from any and
> all screens.  I have other hidden accounts and they are hidden in My
> Pages account list but now the most recent one and the old hidden ones
> are appearing in the Performance screen of My Portfolio, in the Avg
> Annual Return section under the graph of the growth of $10K for
> whatever period you've chosen.     The numbers for 1 yr, 3 yr , etc
> returns are all n/a for these accounts so I don't think it's throwing
> off calculations, it's just really cluttering up the screen. Any ideas
> what could cause the accounts to surface, but only in this location?

Still would like an answer. John? Anyone?
From: John Pollard on
jo wrote:
> On Mar 9, 5:31 pm, jo <phillysle...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
>> I recently closed out an account and wanted to hide it from any and
>> all screens. I have other hidden accounts and they are hidden in My
>> Pages account list but now the most recent one and the old hidden
>> ones are appearing in the Performance screen of My Portfolio, in the
>> Avg Annual Return section under the graph of the growth of $10K for
>> whatever period you've chosen. The numbers for 1 yr, 3 yr , etc
>> returns are all n/a for these accounts so I don't think it's throwing
>> off calculations, it's just really cluttering up the screen. Any
>> ideas what could cause the accounts to surface, but only in this
>> location?

> Still would like an answer. John? Anyone?

Sorry; I had intended to look at this, but then forgot.

Are we talking about Q2010?

Have you made sure "Show hidden accounts" is unchecked (in the lower left
corner of your Account List)?

And do you know that Quicken will automatically put a check mark in "Show
hidden accounts" everytime you "hide" an account?

--

John Pollard
Your source of user-to-user Quicken help

From: jo on
On Mar 12, 3:32 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> jo wrote:
> > On Mar 9, 5:31 pm, jo <phillysle...(a)verizon.net> wrote:
> >> I recently closed out an account and wanted to hide it from any and
> >> all screens. I have other hidden accounts and they are hidden in My
> >> Pages account list but now the most recent one and the old hidden
> >> ones are appearing in the Performance screen of My Portfolio, in the
> >> Avg Annual Return section under the graph of the growth of $10K for
> >> whatever period you've chosen. The numbers for 1 yr, 3 yr , etc
> >> returns are all n/a for these accounts so I don't think it's throwing
> >> off calculations, it's just really cluttering up the screen. Any
> >> ideas what could cause the accounts to surface, but only in this
> >> location?
> > Still would like an answer.  John?  Anyone?
>
> Sorry; I had intended to look at this, but then forgot.
>
> Are we talking about Q2010?

No, q2009 as per message header.

> Have you made sure "Show hidden accounts" is unchecked (in the lower left
> corner of your Account List)?
>
> And do you know that Quicken will automatically put a check mark in "Show
> hidden accounts" everytime you "hide" an account?

Oh boy, how easy was that? I didn't pick up on Quicken putting that
check mark in after I hid the account i wanted. I knew you could
figure it out. It's so easy to make my day! We are back to a nice
uncluttered screen.

Thanks !

jo