From: Bret Cahill on

> > >       The Bible makes several references that can be interpreted as
> > > meaning the sun goes around the earth. The target audience was
> > > obviously people who thought the sun may go around a flat earth.
> > > However, most of the Bible was probably written down earlier than 700
> > > BC.
> > >       In my searches, I have found only one person after 700 BC
> > > actually wrote that the sun goes around the earth.
> > >       Herodotus, the Greek/Egyptian historian, wrote a history on or
> > > about 650 BC. He describes a Persian explorer who tried to circle
> > > Africa. This explorer found the angle of the sun a bit anomalous.
> > > Herodotus thought the explorer misinterpreted his data. Herodotus
> > > proposed another model where the sun is close to flat earth.
> > >     There were Greeks in Herodotus' time who thought that the earth
> > > was round. Herodotus said that those Greeks were obviously wrong and
> > > were just trying to attract attention.
> > >     Although Herodotus was wrong, he was scientific. The odd anomalies
> > > Herodotus describes prove that the Persian explorer really made the
> > > trip.
> > >     Herodotus also proved that the issue of a spherical/motionless
> > > earth was still controversial in 650 BC.
> > >       There was also a Greek/Egyptian astronomer who claimed, on or
> > > around 50 BC, that the sun went around the earth. I forgot his name
> > > and exact date. However, his ideas were not picked up again till
> > > Copernicus.
>
> > Thanks.
>
> > They had math and empirical / qualitative science before Galileo but
> > science wasn't quantitative.
>
> Not true.  Pi was rather well known 4K years ago. Earth's size has
> been known for some time, too.

Geometry is math, not science.

Are you this doggy poopy stoopid in real life or are you just pulling
our legs?

Bret Cahill

From: Bret Cahill on

From: krw on
On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 15:47:25 -0700 (PDT), Bret Cahill
<BretCahill(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:

>> >Geometry is math, not science.
>>
>> Wrong,
>
>Are you this doggy poopy stoopid in real life or are you just pulling
>our legs?

We know you're as stupid as DimBulb. ...and snip like him too. Say...
From: Bret Cahill on

> >> Wrong,

> >Are you this doggy poopy stoopid in real life or are you just pulling
> >our legs?

> We know

1. There is no "we." You don't even have a sock puppet on your side.

2. You know so little you couldn't even bs your way out of a wet
paper bag.

3. You're dodgin' 'n dodgin' the question:

From: Darwin123 on
On Jul 15, 2:30 pm, Bret Cahill <BretCah...(a)peoplepc.com> wrote:

> This is easy to know because libertarianism consists of denying that
> relationships exist.  Not only are all equations linearly independent
> in Libertaria, but variables in one equation never appear anywhere
> else.
I agree....

> Bret Cahill
>
> "Math is applied logic."
>
> -- Nietzsche
..., however, I despise Nietze. Nietze was perhaps the worse
libertarian there ever was. He may have surpassed Anne Rynd.

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Prev: Phone Jack
Next: SLA battery orientation?