From: dar on
Hello Dorian-
Is there any spaces? When I run it, it pops up a warning that I have a
syntas error

From: dar on
John am I doing something wrong?

I entered test data in the field of PolicyExpirationDate with the below
criterion, it returns a query with everything I entered. I entered random
dates that were less than 7 days and more than 7 days.

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 08:08:01 -0700, dar <dar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>John am I doing something wrong?
>
>I entered test data in the field of PolicyExpirationDate with the below
>criterion, it returns a query with everything I entered. I entered random
>dates that were less than 7 days and more than 7 days.

Please open the query in SQL view and post the entire SQL string here.

Is PolicyExpirationDate in fact a Date/Time field, or is it perhaps Text
(which looks like a date but won't search chronologically)?
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]
From: dar on
PolicyExpirationDate is set to Date/Time

SELECT tblCustomer2.CustomerName, tblCustomer2.ContactName,
tblCustomer2.ContactNumber, tblCustomer2.PolicyNumber, tblCustomer2.Carrier,
tblCustomer2.Premium, tblCustomer2.PolicyExpirationDate,
tblCustomer2.PolicyType
FROM tblCustomer2
WHERE (((tblCustomer2.PolicyExpirationDate)>=Date() And
(tblCustomer2.PolicyExpirationDate)<=Date()+7));

..

From: John W. Vinson on
On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:30:02 -0700, dar <dar(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>PolicyExpirationDate is set to Date/Time
>
>SELECT tblCustomer2.CustomerName, tblCustomer2.ContactName,
>tblCustomer2.ContactNumber, tblCustomer2.PolicyNumber, tblCustomer2.Carrier,
>tblCustomer2.Premium, tblCustomer2.PolicyExpirationDate,
>tblCustomer2.PolicyType
>FROM tblCustomer2
>WHERE (((tblCustomer2.PolicyExpirationDate)>=Date() And
>(tblCustomer2.PolicyExpirationDate)<=Date()+7));

If you run that query today that should find only records with
PolicyExpirationDate in the range from #4/27/2010# to #5/4/2010#.

If it doesn't please post a few rows of your data indicating the dates that
violate these conditions. That's wierd.
--

John W. Vinson [MVP]