From: David Carl David on
Hi,
Probably will get a few answers on this with different methods, but here
is what I would like to accomplish and wish to know the best way to accomplish
it:

I want to have a check box or acceptance of some sort like there is with
software that one installs, that the user has read all of the terms and agrees
with them, then checks the check box or accepts the terms somehow. The action
should cause a .pdf file to be available for download. This is for a seminar of
sorts.

What would be the most eloquent way of doing this? I've looked at several of the
options under forms, such as check boxes and radio buttons, but they all seem to
part of a form that is to be submitted, not affirmation with the possibility of
an action. My HTM programming skills are quite weak, though I know this could be
accomplished by writing an if/then script. Help!

David

From: nimd4 on
On Dec 20 2009, 10:09 pm, David Carl <David Carl> wrote:
> Hi,
>         Probably will get a few answers on this with different methods, but here
> is what I would like to accomplish and wish to know the best way to accomplish
> it:
>
> I want to have a check box or acceptance of some sort like there is with
> software that one installs, that the user has read all of the terms and agrees
> with them, then checks the check box or accepts the terms somehow. The action
> should cause a .pdf file to be available for download. This is for a seminar of
> sorts.
>
> What would be the most eloquent way of doing this? I've looked at several of the
> options under forms, such as check boxes and radio buttons, but they all seem to
> part of a form that is to be submitted, not affirmation with the possibility of
> an action. My HTM programming skills are quite weak, though I know this could be
> accomplished by writing an if/then script. Help!
>
> David

Hi, you can just load the entire thing, it's still practically
tiny.... or it can be an idea: to use Javascript; if you're not
bothered to strip it down to what you need: quirksmode.org/dom/
usableforms.html
From: nimd4 on

bothered to strip it down to what you need: http://quirksmode.org/dom/usableforms.html