From: ritter197 on
I just upgraded to Quicken 2006 but now see that downloads from my VISA
account, which is in the .ofx format, do not Import.

What do I do now?

From: Mike on

ritter197 wrote:
> I just upgraded to Quicken 2006 but now see that downloads from my VISA
> account, which is in the .ofx format, do not Import.
>
> What do I do now?

Find a decent Visa card. My amazon.com visa (Chase/BankOne) downloads
just fine.

I don't know why you ever thought that a .ofx file would download
anyway.

From: Andrew Rossmann on
[This followup was posted to alt.comp.software.financial.quicken and a
copy was sent to the cited author.]

In article <ULqHf.635$Eq.191(a)trnddc02>, ritter197(a)verizon.net says...
> I just upgraded to Quicken 2006 but now see that downloads from my VISA
> account, which is in the .ofx format, do not Import.

Quicken has never supported .OFX. It uses .QFX, which is similar but
different enough. .QIF imports for many types of accounts are being
eliminated.

There are basically 3 ways of importing: Direct Connect, Web Connect,
and .QIF:
Direct Connect allows Quicken to directly, through Intuit's servers,
download data. These are the ones supported by OneStep update.

Web Connect basically is a download of a .QFX file, but is semi-manual
as it is done through a web page and your computer is configured so that
opening a .QFX launches QW.EXE.

And of course a .QIF is just a regular file you download and import.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
From: GB on
Andrew Rossmann wrote:
> Direct Connect allows Quicken to directly, through Intuit's servers,
> download data. These are the ones supported by OneStep update.

They are not Intuit's servers. They are your bank's servers.

Gregg