From: Ralph Page on
I just upgraded to Q2006 from Q2003 for windows.
On all on-line updates I get the following message box after the
update is complete:

The title of the message box is " Important Msg From z - Old QBP - Do
Not Use"
The text in the box is '01001'

The update appears to working normally otherwise.
I use Wells Fargo Direct Connect (not quicken billpay)

'Super-Validating' the file didn't change the behavior.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

Thanks,
--
-Ralph Page
remove pants to reply by email

From: John Pollard on
Ralph Page wrote:
> I just upgraded to Q2006 from Q2003 for windows.
> On all on-line updates I get the following message box after
> the
> update is complete:
>
> The title of the message box is " Important Msg From z - Old
> QBP - Do
> Not Use"
> The text in the box is '01001'
>
> The update appears to working normally otherwise.
> I use Wells Fargo Direct Connect (not quicken billpay)
>
> 'Super-Validating' the file didn't change the behavior.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

I believe this message is a harmless message (no affect on your
data or ability to utilize Quicken) stemming from Intuit's
switching of payment processors for Quicken Billpay; the switch
affected the "profile" that Quicken uses to determine financial
institution online banking capabilities. There is a post in the
Quicken forums from an Intuit employee, with a link to the
instructions for eliminating the message ... unfortunately the
link no longer works. I will take a guess at what it said to
do.

1.) Online Center
2.) CTRL+F3+Contact Info
3.) Select the profile that corresponds to the fi in your error
message ("z", "z-Old QBP", or possibly "01001")
4.) Click "Delete"

Intuit says you can not screw up your online banking by doing
this because you can not delete the profile if it is in use by
an account. But you still might want to backup first (though it
is not clear that the profile being deleted is actually stored
in your Quicken data).

--
John Pollard
First initial underscore Last name at mchsi dot com

From: Ralph Page on
"John Pollard" <invalid(a)invalid.com> wrote in message

> I believe this message is a harmless message (no affect on your data
> or ability to utilize Quicken) stemming from Intuit's switching of
> payment processors for Quicken Billpay; the switch affected the
> "profile" that Quicken uses to determine financial institution
> online banking capabilities. There is a post in the Quicken forums
> from an Intuit employee, with a link to the instructions for
> eliminating the message ... unfortunately the link no longer works.
> I will take a guess at what it said to do.
>
> 1.) Online Center
> 2.) CTRL+F3+Contact Info
> 3.) Select the profile that corresponds to the fi in your error
> message ("z", "z-Old QBP", or possibly "01001")
> 4.) Click "Delete"

John, thanks for the help.

I pressed CTRL+F3 while clicking on 'Contact info' in the online
center.
All of the profiles look legit, none of them contain any reference to
'z' '01001' etc.
Two of them do indicate that 'branding' and 'profile' need updating -
Quicken Bill Pay - CF and Fidelity.
I tried the 'refresh' button on each but didn't delete them.
'refresh' didn't change the behavior on a subsequent file update.
Not sure if I should delete a legit looking profile.

Thanks again for the help.

From: John Pollard on
Ralph Page wrote:

> I pressed CTRL+F3 while clicking on 'Contact info' in the
> online
> center.
> All of the profiles look legit, none of them contain any
> reference to
> 'z' '01001' etc.
> Two of them do indicate that 'branding' and 'profile' need
> updating -
> Quicken Bill Pay - CF and Fidelity.
> I tried the 'refresh' button on each but didn't delete them.
> 'refresh' didn't change the behavior on a subsequent file
> update.
> Not sure if I should delete a legit looking profile.

If it were me, I would delete the Quicken Bill Pay profile (it
appears to be the profile for CheckFree which is no longer the
Quicken BillPay provider); Quicken will not let you delete it if
it is in use (I tried to delete one for one of my online fi's
and could not). And, as you said, you don't use Quicken Bill
Pay. I also believe that all the profiles can be updated; I
think they are contained in the file used for the Participating
Financial Institutions list. I think your problem arises
because Quicken thinks you are using a profile that you are not
using, and the only way to tell Quicken you're not using it, is
to delete it.

From: John Pollard on
John Pollard wrote:
> If it were me, I would delete the Quicken Bill Pay profile (it
> appears to be the profile for CheckFree which is no longer the
> Quicken BillPay provider); Quicken will not let you delete it
> if
> it is in use (I tried to delete one for one of my online fi's
> and could not). And, as you said, you don't use Quicken Bill
> Pay. I also believe that all the profiles can be updated; I
> think they are contained in the file used for the
> Participating
> Financial Institutions list. I think your problem arises
> because Quicken thinks you are using a profile that you are
> not
> using, and the only way to tell Quicken you're not using it,
> is
> to delete it.

By the way, I happened to have an old (May of 2003)
Participating Financial Institutions List lying around. I
looked up the record for Quicken BillPay there and the "id" for
that record was "01001" - same as your error message. I looked
in my current Participating Financial Institutions List and the
"id" for Quicken BillPay is "10756".