From: mmurrell on
On Nov 12, 1:31 pm, "John Pollard" <8plus7...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> mmurrell wrote:

> >> I think this is a bit of a backward way to explain your original
> >> post.
>
> >> If you choose to open Q2010 to the Transactions Tab (register) of a
> >> specific account (which you can only do when the "Classic menus" are
> >> chosen), you can not then select different menus in the View menu
> >> ... but if you know that, posting that you could not see the menu
> >> choices in the View menu ("These are not even choices for me") was
> >> misleading.
>
> >> --
>
> >> John Pollard- Hide quoted text -

> > John,
>
> > I have learned a great deal about Q10 since this thread started.  In
> > my very first post, I had no idea why his VIEW menu was different than
> > mine.  I learned after many trial and errors, and during my
> > "exploration phase" that the VIEW menu was somewhat driven by how you
> > have set your "On Start Up Open Up To".
>
> > Sorry this first post of mine was misleading to you.  I think if you
> > knew the VIEW menu changed based on where you start up Q10, your
> > response as quoted below is misleading.
>
> >  "I have yet to read of a Q2010 user (other than you) whose "View"
> > menu did not offer the choices of "Classic menus" and "Standard
> > menus". If you do not see those options, I would suspect a faulty
> > installation."
>
> You're right, but it was not intentional; as it turns out, I had seen the
> behavior once but forgot about it when I replied to your first post.  When
> I confirmed your reply for myself in Q2010, was when I recalled seeing it
> before.
>
> Sorry for the incorrect initial response.
>
> --
>
> John Pollard- Hide quoted text -

John,

Thanks so much for all the help. I see you contribute frequently. I
am sure I am not the only one thinking we are lucky to have such
wonderful expertise to bounce our problems to. You are surely an
asset to this newgroup. Keep up the great work, as I am sure to be
posting again sometime in the future (grin).