From: Mo on
Thanks for that Wasted - very encouraging news. My cousin who has Quicken -
1998 I think it is, can't run it on W7. He has asked a friend in the
States to buy him Quicken 2010 but I fear he may run into other problems.
Can't think why Quicken withdrew from the UK market.

It's great to find another helpful Quicken user in the UK.
Hope you enjoyed where ever it was you went!
Regards
Mo

From: wasted on

> Thanks for that Wasted - very encouraging news. My cousin who has
> uicken - 1998 I think it is, can't run it on W7. He has asked a friend
> in the States to buy him Quicken 2010 but I fear he may run into other
> problems.
> Can't think why Quicken withdrew from the UK market.
>
> It's great to find another helpful Quicken user in the UK.
> Hope you enjoyed where ever it was you went!
> Regards
> Mo

Hi Mo - not sure if you're still following this thread, but I don't think
your cousin should have much trouble with using 2010 on Win 7 if he is OK
with starting all new data files - but he will have to set up use of the �
etc. It may be worth looking at eBay to see if 2008/2009 are available.

The problem will be if he wants to convert old files, especially UK ones.

Wasted

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5108 (20100512) __________

http://www.eset.com

From: Mo on

> Hi Mo - not sure if you're still following this thread, but I don't think
> your cousin should have much trouble with using 2010 on Win 7 if he is OK
> with starting all new data files - but he will have to set up use of the �
> etc. It may be worth looking at eBay to see if 2008/2009 are available.
>
> The problem will be if he wants to convert old files, especially UK ones.
>
> Wasted

Once again thanks Wasted. I have passed on your comments to my cousin and I
think I shall search Ebay as suggested for Quicken 2008/9.
Best wishes
Mo