From: Mo on

I have been happily using Quicken 2000 for some years on my XP machine but
am soon to upgrade my computer to Win 7. I gather Qicken 2000 will not work
on Win 7 and I wondered whether if I can download Quicken 2010 (not sure how
as I don't have a US address) whether I can get it to work with GB pounds
and if it is basically the same as previous versions. My needs are very
simple as I only want to manage my bank accounts and don't need to download
anything.
Any help appreciated
Mo

Outgoing message checked by AVG 9

From: Han on
"Mo" <spindrift(a)uk2.net> wrote in news:hqudjs$brd$1(a)speranza.aioe.org:

> I have been happily using Quicken 2000 for some years on my XP
> machine but am soon to upgrade my computer to Win 7. I gather Qicken
> 2000 will not work on Win 7 and I wondered whether if I can download
> Quicken 2010 (not sure how as I don't have a US address) whether I can
> get it to work with GB pounds and if it is basically the same as
> previous versions. My needs are very simple as I only want to manage
> my bank accounts and don't need to download anything.
> Any help appreciated
> Mo
>
> Outgoing message checked by AVG 9

Why would your Quicken not work under Win7? There is no reason to assume
that, unless the last update you have now can't be downloaded anymore AND
it changed the data format. Also, under Win7 you likely have to save the
data files somewhere else than you were used to under your current OS,
because Win7 is particular about that as a security measure. If Q2000
(UK version?) doesn't work as it should, you would try a compatibility
mode under Win7.

If you want to get a newer version of Quicken, be advised that usually
Intuit comes out with the next year's version in late August. That would
be when to buy the latest version of Q, or the best time to buy last
year's version at a reduced price. Ebay may be a good source of the
latest or prior versions of Quicken. Get it sent to you on CD, I'd
advise, or download and burn the CD!!!! The "DeLuxe" version (US flavor)
would be what you would want. There should not be a problem expressing
everything in UK pounds. I'm in the US, and have a Dutch account as
well, which I maintain in �, next to everything else in US$. One caveat:
in the US version there is no automatic downloading of current exchange
rates, but I don't need that. Occasional checking and changing the �/$
rate is fine for me. I currently use Q2010, DL, US.
--
Best regards
Han
From: Mo on
Thanks for that Han. I understood that my Quicken 2000 would not install
into Win 7 so perhaps I am mitaken. I have never downloaded any Quicken
updates and as it's no longer supported in the UK I am not sure where I
stand.

Probably the best course is to wait until I have the new computer and see
what happens.
Thanks again.
Mo

From: Han on

> Probably the best course is to wait until I have the new computer and
> see what happens.
> Thanks again.
> Mo

Don't throw out the old 'puter until you are comfortable with the way the
new one works. Even then, you could use the old one to back up to
("Backups are your friends")

--
Best regards
Han
From: wasted on

"Mo" <spindrift(a)uk2.net> wrote in message

> I have been happily using Quicken 2000 for some years on my XP machine
> but am soon to upgrade my computer to Win 7. I gather Qicken 2000 will
> not work on Win 7 and I wondered whether if I can download Quicken 2010
> (not sure how as I don't have a US address) whether I can get it to work
> with GB pounds and if it is basically the same as previous versions. My
> needs are very simple as I only want to manage my bank accounts and don't
> need to download anything.
> Any help appreciated
> Mo

Hi Mo - I'm in the UK and a long term Quicken user.

I had 2000 running fine in XP, but just couldn't get it to work in 64 bit
Vista (can't recall what the problems were, but I got it running in a
virtual installation of XP. Then got 2008 Home and Business, and that
worked fine in Vista, although I gave up trying to convert my old data files

Having now moved to 64 bit Win 7, guess what - 2000 works fine, but I just
use 2008 H&B now.

If you respond to this I probably won't see it for a while - away for the
next week.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5059 (20100425) __________

http://www.eset.com