From: Inge Svensson on
I wonder if it is possible to set up openSUSE (64 bit) with 3 SATA disks
as RAID 5 with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on a fourth disk?
Inge Svensson
From: Eef Hartman on
Inge Svensson <ingesvensson(a)orion.vokby.se> wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to set up openSUSE (64 bit) with 3 SATA disks
> as RAID 5 with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on a fourth disk?
> Inge Svensson

Why not?
Depending on the limitions of Windows it may be needed to make the
"first" disk the Windows one and I'm also not quite sure if /boot
can be on a RAID5 volume, but with the right initrd it is well possible
to have / and the other volumes on RAID5.
We here do it, but with CentOS and grub as the boot loader.
** Eef Hartman, Delft University of Technology, dept. SSC/ICT **
** e-mail: E.J.M.Hartman(a)tudelft.nl - phone: +31-15-278 82525 **
From: Hans on
On 25/05/10 17:02, Inge Svensson wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to set up openSUSE (64 bit) with 3 SATA disks
> as RAID 5 with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on a fourth disk?
> Inge Svensson

I have Win7 64 on a IDE disk and suse 11.2 on 3 SATA disks configured
RAID 5.

I installed Win7 first and then Suse 11.2. Win7 shows up as a boot
option in the Grub Menue.
Hans

From: Inge Svensson on
Hans skrev 2010-06-05 16:37:
> On 25/05/10 17:02, Inge Svensson wrote:
>> I wonder if it is possible to set up openSUSE (64 bit) with 3 SATA disks
>> as RAID 5 with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on a fourth disk?
>> Inge Svensson
>
> I have Win7 64 on a IDE disk and suse 11.2 on 3 SATA disks configured
> RAID 5.
>
> I installed Win7 first and then Suse 11.2. Win7 shows up as a boot
> option in the Grub Menue.
> Hans

Thank for the answers. Do you have software RAID? I'm a bit confused
about how to set it up.
Inge Svensson
From: Inge Svensson on
2010-06-12 11:08, Inge Svensson skrev:
> Hans skrev 2010-06-05 16:37:
>> On 25/05/10 17:02, Inge Svensson wrote:
>>> I wonder if it is possible to set up openSUSE (64 bit) with 3 SATA disks
>>> as RAID 5 with Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium on a fourth disk?
>>> Inge Svensson
>>
>> I have Win7 64 on a IDE disk and suse 11.2 on 3 SATA disks configured
>> RAID 5.
>>
>> I installed Win7 first and then Suse 11.2. Win7 shows up as a boot
>> option in the Grub Menue.
>> Hans
>>
> Thank for the answers. Do you have software RAID? I'm a bit confused
> about how to set it up.
> Inge Svensson
I got it up and running. Just have to see if I can boot into Windows.
Inge Svensson
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Linux wardriving software