From: Eric on
Does anyone have any suggestions on whether following RAMs are compatible to
each other? Therefore, I can install both on the same computer.

My current PC is using following RAM, and I would like to add addition one.
NT256T64UH4A0FY-37B
256MB 1R X 16
PC2-4200U-444-10-C1

The following RAM is shown as below, does anyone have any suggestions
whether following RAM is compatible to above one?
V826632K24SATG-C0
256MB DDR-333MHz-CL2.5
PC2700U-2533-0-A0

Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

From: Mike Hall - MVP on
"Eric" <Eric(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any suggestions on whether following RAMs are compatible
> each other? Therefore, I can install both on the same computer.
>
> My current PC is using following RAM, and I would like to add addition
> one.
> NT256T64UH4A0FY-37B
> 256MB 1R X 16
> PC2-4200U-444-10-C1
>
> The following RAM is shown as below, does anyone have any suggestions
> whether following RAM is compatible to above one?
> V826632K24SATG-C0
> 256MB DDR-333MHz-CL2.5
> PC2700U-2533-0-A0
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

The top one is a DDR2 RAM module, the lower one is a DDR RAM module, and no,
they are NOT compatible..

--
Mike Hall - MVP
How to construct a good post..

From: David B. on
One is DDR, the other is DDR2, I have yet to see a motherboard that accepts
both, You need to look for RAM that is compatible with your motherboard, it
takes one or the other.

--

----

From: OldDuke on
On Tue, 13 May 2008 03:13:01 -0700, Eric
<Eric(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone have any suggestions on whether following RAMs are compatible to
>each other? Therefore, I can install both on the same computer.
>
>My current PC is using following RAM, and I would like to add addition one.
>NT256T64UH4A0FY-37B
>256MB 1R X 16
>PC2-4200U-444-10-C1
>
>The following RAM is shown as below, does anyone have any suggestions
>whether following RAM is compatible to above one?
>V826632K24SATG-C0
>256MB DDR-333MHz-CL2.5
>PC2700U-2533-0-A0
>
>Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>Eric
And this has WHAT to do with the OS? Oh, right, NOTHING.

Ask elsewhere

From: Bigdawg on
"OldDuke" <none(a)nobody.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 May 2008 03:13:01 -0700, Eric
> <Eric(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Does anyone have any suggestions on whether following RAMs are compatible
>>each other? Therefore, I can install both on the same computer.
>>
>>My current PC is using following RAM, and I would like to add addition
>>one.
>>NT256T64UH4A0FY-37B
>>256MB 1R X 16
>>PC2-4200U-444-10-C1
>>
>>The following RAM is shown as below, does anyone have any suggestions
>>whether following RAM is compatible to above one?
>>V826632K24SATG-C0
>>256MB DDR-333MHz-CL2.5
>>PC2700U-2533-0-A0
>>
>>Thanks in advance for any suggestions
>>Eric
> And this has WHAT to do with the OS? Oh, right, NOTHING.
>
> Ask elsewhere

as said before that ram can not be used together.
OldDuke is a real pain I found a repost for a question I ask back in Mar
yesterday and his comments are the same. maybe he should move the bar a
little to the right and see the full name of this group
PUBLIC.WINDOWSXP.HARDWARE or he's just a ???

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: LiveCam 3000 issue
Next: Blue Screen 0x0000007A